Thread: Apple’s OS X Mountain Lion will not have ‘Mac’ in its name

Apple’s OS X Mountain Lion will not have ‘Mac’ in its name

Hello everyone, apple’s new os will no longer start with the word Mac. The name that we used to call all the major operating systems released by them. The new OS will be plainly called as ‘OS X Mountain Lion’. Mind you this is not a fluke information but it has been confirmed by the Apple officials. The reasons behind the deleting of the word Mac is simply unknown. It is said that apple people are thinking to combine the features of this OS X Mountain Lion along with the new iOS 5, that’s what they are planning to do, don’t know if they will be going ahead with the step or not. Also if you have a look at the snapshot that I have uploaded over here you will get to know what I am talking about over here.

Re: Apple’s OS X Mountain Lion will not have ‘Mac’ in its name

Well for me it does not really matter at all. OS X is the Mac operating system and it will not changes if the word mac is removed from the title of the OS. So it really does not matter to me at all that’s what I want to say here.

star Re: Apple’s OS X Mountain Lion will not have ‘Mac’ in its name

It is indeed true that apple people are planning to introduce many new features in this new os and many of them will be drawn from the iOS 5. Some of the features that will be included are iMessage, Game Center, Reminders, Notes, AirPlay, Notification Center and many more.

Down Re: Apple’s OS X Mountain Lion will not have ‘Mac’ in its name

Frankly speaking I don’t like the idea of having both the features in one operating system, let each one of them be. Each of them are dependent on the different platforms. iOS 5 is good for mobile platform while the new OS X Mountain Lion is for the desktop platform. Why are they mixing up together. iOS can never match up with mac os because iOS has a closed file system. So it will always be a step behind the mac os.

Re: Apple’s OS X Mountain Lion will not have ‘Mac’ in its name

Quote Originally Posted by Vitel View Post
    Frankly speaking I don’t like the idea of having both the features in one operating system, let each one of them be. Each of them are dependent on the different platforms. iOS 5 is good for mobile platform while the new OS X Mountain Lion is for the desktop platform. Why are they mixing up together. iOS can never match up with mac os because iOS has a closed file system. So it will always be a step behind the mac os.
    Dude if you look at the windows 8 that is newly coming up if you have a close look at it then what I can say is that even they have developed the interface in such a way that mobile platform users will like it. Today people prefer very easy interface and how good it would be like having a mobile phone interface in our desktop. So that’s what the apple people are thinking about they don’t want their os i.e. OS X Mountain Lion to completely look like the mobile phone one but it should definitely inherit some features from it.