Thread: How to make windows 2000 classic login prompt appear on Windows 7 Home Premium

How to make windows 2000 classic login prompt appear on Windows 7 Home Premium

Now friends I don’t know whether it is possible or not but any how I need to get a way out in order to make my windows 2000 classic login prompt appear on windows 7 Home Premium. Now tell me how can I do it, actually first of all let me know whether it is possible or not?

For your convenience let me tell you that I have no sec policy and also the donotdisplaylastusername in the regedit do not work at all.

Re: How to make windows 2000 classic login prompt appear on Windows 7 Home Premium

Ok, so first of all I guess what you need to do is along with the donotdisplaylastusername you will have to also adjust the value of the registry key to 1. Make sure while editing the registry, take the backup create the manual restore point and also try to export key to safer side.

The following is the path for it:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

There, "NoWelcomeScreen" changes the value 0 to 1.

Re: How to make windows 2000 classic login prompt appear on Windows 7 Home Premium

If thing won’t work out or no changes takes place, make sure to do the additional changes as per my suggestion.

Computer/HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

Now going into the above path what you need to do is to make the additional changes to the registry which you have already been adopted.

• HideFastUserSwtiching
    • LogonType

These two are the Dwords where you have to make the changes with respect to the values.

Hey friend it didn’t work for me. When I went according to your first suggestion the problem I faced was that I didn’t find any “NoWelcomeScreen” in the registry. In fact I made a new dword by myself but it still didn’t change anything. Not yet tried the second option, I will definitely try them and let you know.

Just wanted to make sure one thing, are the value set for the HideFastUserSwitching and LogonType are 1 and 0 respectively?

Hi friend. Sorry to distract the discussion but i really need some help over here and also wanted to clear some doubt. i am not having any such issue mentioned above in the thread but I think my doubt and queries are almost related to same think i.e. registry.

Actually I had some problem with my pc, it’s since 2 years I bought my computer. Initially it ran smoothly and faster but as the days passed I noticed the slow access of the pc and also it use to crash most of the time. Tried all type of antivirus and scanning but no results, also formatted the pc many time but again after few weeks the same things use to happen in the system. People say that the problem is with the registry of my system. But I am still unable to get the things in details. Can anyone explain everything point to point if you got the exact issue?

Yes my dear your friends are correct and also you are in the right section because the issue is exactly related to the registry. The problem occurs due to the registry which keeps on incrementing over time.

Every time you install or uninstall the programs or software believing that everything related to that program or software is deleted if your uninstall it. But that’s not the fact, if you uninstall any program it leaves behind some fragments i.e. files, orphaned startup tasks, corrupted drivers etc. due to this the registry starts getting down and ultimately conflicts occurs. If you ignore such things then obviously you will have to face the consequences like instability, slow running of the system and frequent crashing.

In order to avoid or repair such registry problem the only and the best solution is to get the ResgistryBooster. It simply do a complete scan of your registry in order to repair the things and take the performance of the registry to the topper level and increase the speed of your PC and also stop the crashing issue.