Thread: Can i install Gnome 2 in Arch Linux without an internet connection

Can i install Gnome 2 in Arch Linux without an internet connection

Hello friends, wanted to install the Gnome on the computer, but the only problem is that i am not having the internet connection on the computer. So i have download from my friends computer and move that it on my Arch, but wanted to know that can i install Gnome 2 without having internet connection on it. So please tell me about it. Thank you.

Re: Can i install Gnome 2 in Arch Linux without an internet connection

I have not used the Arch Linux and also any other system which is having package management it does not uses, i would suggest that you better find all the dependencies for Gnome 2 and then download it on the system.

I wanted to tell that the Linux Mint have developed a a fork of Gnome Shell which is been know as the Cinnamon, it is a Linux desktop which it provide advanced innovative features whilst offering a Desktop layout is similar to Gnome 2, so if you wanted to know more information then you can better go to following link, which will be helpful for you.

Cinnamon

I think you might not be not knowing how to install the Cinnamon on Arch Linux, so for that you better go to the following link, where there is the method to install the Cinnamon on Arch Linux, so you try it

Cinnamon

I was searching for the Desktop Environment which allow me to do the things done with minimal fuss. Then i have ordered the Cinnamon which was something same to older Gnome 2 Desktop Environment excels, so due to which i have worked for me, it is been released for Linux Mint 10, Linux Mint 11 and LMDE. If you search for It is possible to Roll Back Arch Linux to where Gnome 2 is available then you will be able to get some sort of the information about it and also you can search for Arch Linux Offline Installation of Packages then you will be come across with the method to install it.

I am also not familiar with the Arch Linux or which package management system which is been used for it, i would also suggest that you better try it and also you will surely get installed on the system.

i was surfing then i was able to get some website which were having the method to install it on the system, do not remember the site name exactly, but if you search then you will come across with it and it was having the Installing GNOME2 on on Arch Linux, so try it.