Thread: Windows 8 Explorer freezes after copying, moving, deleting files

Windows 8 Explorer freezes after copying, moving, deleting files

Hi! to all.
    I have installed Windows 8 developer edition 32 bit recently. I also using Microsoft Security Essential. I am facing problems with explorer. It freezes when copying, moving, deleting file/files (folder also) nearly about 100% completed. It hangs up for 15 seconds or more. It even happens when creating folder also.
    One thing more, this problem doesn't appear 1. If I close all the windows when copy, moving or deleting is in process. It does all without any problem. 2. "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RPEnabled" is set to 0 i.e. Metro UI and Ribbon Interface is disabled.
    But then explorer looks like windows 7 explorer.
    What can I get rid of this?
    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by GourangaDas; 23-01-2012 at 09:14 PM.

Re: Windows 8 Explorer freezes after copying, moving, deleting files

There are possibilities that you might have been attacked by virus, so just make a full system scan and then see if you are finding out something suspicious, if possible try to use some recommended antivirus like MSFT Windows Defender and see if it is helping you out or not. The other thing that you should try is deleting the temporary folders of your computer, and in order to do so just go to start and then click on run and then enter “%temp%” without the quotes and then in the next window you will get a no of files, so just delete all the files that you get and also make sure that you are deleting it from the recycle bin as well.

Re: Windows 8 Explorer freezes after copying, moving, deleting files

I am already Using Windows 7 64 bit on another partition of my HDD. There is no problem with windows 7. But when I switch to Windows Dev. Pre., this problem appears. Regarding virus issue, I like to use Kaspersky 2012. But Windows dev. Pre. doesn't support it. I have installed Microsoft Security Essential witch is fully updated. It gives me 'no virus found'. I regularly delete all temporary files.
    Here's a thing to say, If I unchecked navigation pane, then problem appears. Otherwise there's no problem even metro ui and ribbon interface is enabled.
    I think it would be a bug.
    Anyway, thank you very much.