Thread: Windows Vista Boot Problem - Dell

Windows Vista Boot Problem - Dell

So here is a bit of background about the computer. It's a almost 4 year old laptop, Dell Inspiron 1525. Standard package with Windows Vista home basic installed along with all of those nifty little programs. Intel Pentium dual-core processor, and some other miscellaneous details I'm not sure would help here or not. By now it's probably more than obvious to the tech savy dogs of the sea, that I'm just not one of them. I know very little about computers, and outside of troubleshooting I'm lost. Here's the problem I'm having. Recently someone turned the computer off, by holding the power button too long (Wasn't me I promise, I love technology too much to have killed it so harshly.) And now when I try to boot up the pc, it just will not work. I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with Vista, but on my copy there's a black screen and a (C) Microsoft Corporation window with a bar, where about 7 green small bars pass from left to right. (Please tell me this is ringing some bells.) It won't go past that screen for whatever reason. Now like I said, basic troubleshooting, I'm a wiz at, here are some of the steps I've taken. (To no avail)

1.) I've tried the option to simply "Repair Your Computer." - The result is the same black screen, same forever moving bars.
    2.) I've tried booting it up in every available safe mode. - The result is the same as above.
    3.) I've tried to enable low resolution video and booting - Guess what? Yeah, same result.
    4.) I've tried the option "Last Known Good Configuration (advanced) - Now this I thought may be a little different, but no, it was not.
    5.) Debugging mode - Same.
    6.) Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool - It worked, or seemed to. It started to boot up and then just simply did nothing.
    7.) Did a pre-boot system assessment. Hard drive error failed the test, and I'm not sure what the error code, I'll have to run it again to see.

So as you can tell, the options I've been give to me, just don't work. Any idea of anything I can do to fix this? If so, please give very specific step by step information, and possibly pictures. Thank you.

Re: Windows Vista Boot Problem - Dell

here is the solution for you, so what i am saying here is that first try and make a Bootable Repair Disk to do a Startup Repair. Laptops these days do not come with a Vista Disk to do repairs. that's why you will have to create one. Just download the ISO file at the supplied link, and make a Bootable Repair Disk. Now follow the steps that i am giving you here,

1) go to the bios setup and change the Boot Order so that you can run the cd first in the boot order. Then reboot keeping the disk in the drive.

2) Now with the cs in the drive you would be able to do Startup Repair, System Restore as well.

You can search the internet to get more information on that as well.

I hope this helps you.