Thread: Windows 7 resetting modified date on Files automatically while moving

Windows 7 resetting modified date on Files automatically while moving

It is some kind of strange problem in Windows 7 which I had never seen before anywhere, not in any forums or any other sources. The problem is it is resetting modified date on files whilst I am moving them. I noticed it when I moved the files from my user folder to different one. I used to order the files as modified date but yesterday I have observed that everything was messed up and none of the files were in order. It seems to me that the dates were reset when I moved them. Does anyone know about this?

Re: Windows 7 resetting modified date on Files automatically while moving

Windows 7 has a function, folders and files will enable one to a previous state. If you change accidentally delete a file or files in a folder, so you try to recover previous versions of files and folders.

In particular, NTFS, Windows maintains a large collection of attributes attached to each file. However, the user interfaces of the browser that makes it difficult to work on some basic states as write protection, compression or attribute that to hide a file. Attribute Changer 6 is a small free utility and that provides extensive access to file attributes, starting with the different dates attached to each file.

There are situations where we need to change the date on which a file was created, modified or accessed. Another use a little less ethical may be when that person told him he needed to design "the newly finished" but the truth is that we spent the holiday weekend and forget to send it. Either way there is a highly recommended little application to modify the metadata of a file date in Windows called Bulk File Changer.