Thread: Is that better to install Windows without having System reserved partition?

Is that better to install Windows without having System reserved partition?

I am having really simple query and hoping all you guys understood what the query is. Is that better to install Windows 7 with or without using System reserved partition? I preferred to install Windows 7 without system reserved partition. I am asking all the experts and hoping that you will help me out.

Re: Is that better to install Windows without having System reserved partition?

As far as above mentioned issue is concerned all the people would have their own opinion. I will use System Reserved Partition and resized to 50MB. Since boot code is kept on faster inner ring of platter and hence it will not fragment with other junk.

Well if you are having Windows 7 Ultimate, Business or Enterprise editions on your computer than one should leave system reserved partition. It is having boot files and recovery partition. Also it is having Bitlocker encryption on the hard drive. You can have the same if you wanted to dual-boot the system. it takes maximum amount of 100MB of hard disk space. If you are looking for the extra primary partitions on the hard drive than you can delete the same. however you have to take care of thing that you should move boot files to C drive to make the Active partition.

I used to keep the image on C drive without having the System Reserved Partition and it is quite handy and easy to use. I am using Acronis TrueImage Boot CD.

The system reserved partition should be kept active so that Windows 7 can boot appropriately. Otherwise your computer will not boot at all. In case you copy partition to C: than it will not be helpful to fix the matter of yours. booting the system using recovery disk then it will simply reset the system reserved partition as active an re-copy files whenever required.