Thread: What is new in Microsoft Singularity RDK 2.0?

What is new in Microsoft Singularity RDK 2.0?

Can you tell me what is new in Microsoft Singularity RDK 2.0???? Also from where I can download the source code? I am not having much knowledge about that so post useful information on the above mentioned thing. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: What is new in Microsoft Singularity RDK 2.0?

We are aware of that Singularity Research Development Kit is based on Microsoft Research Singularity Project. This RDK will have source code, build tools, test suites, design notes and lots of other background materials. This particular RDK is going to be used for academic non-commercial.

It was focused on construction of the dependable system to create innovation in terms of areas of systems, languages, and tools. They have written on official site that they are looking to build research operating system prototype which is extended from programming languages and creating new techniques as well as tools to define as well as specify the behavior of the specific program.

It is advance if you consider following aspects.
    • languages
    • tools
    • compilers

hence definitely improve the software.
    The Singularity which is available is using SIPs which are really cheap and they are running in ring 0 at the address space of kernel.

By using this particular RDK one will be able to use reliable systems and applications as well. SIPs are quite cheap and it was mentioned into previous post. SIPs did not tends to share memory or modify the code which they are having. Due to that we can have the reliability guarantees regarding the code which is running into SIP. Also we can the more properties of SIP at the time of compile as well as installation.
    The RDK is available for download but you cannot consider as a open source. The source code is going to be distributed under Microsoft Research License.