Thread: Windows 7 System Restore - An internal error occured while enumerating backup sets

Windows 7 System Restore - An internal error occured while enumerating backup sets

I'm just posting this so if someone else has the same error if they google they may find this. I was trying to restore a Windows 7 system image off a network drive. It would all go OK till I tried to find the image on the network drive at which point it would either get stuck while trying to find the system image, or give the above error "'An internal error occured while enumerating backup sets". After finding no solution to this, I happened to accept the error, then hit "refresh" on the screen that should have been showing a listing of possible images. And voila, there was my image. So it seems the OS had found the image but for some reason gave the error and failed to show the image in the table. I was then able to restore normally.

Re: Windows 7 System Restore - An internal error occured while enumerating backup sets

I was also getting the same error message and then I did the same as you mentioned i your post and that worked for me too. Thank you so much for sharing this with us.

Re: Windows 7 System Restore - An internal error occured while enumerating backup sets

I got this issue when I was trying to restore Windows on a system. The image backup was stored at the server inside backup folder. To fix the issue I first verified the image file. It looks to be proper and again shared the same. Then I moved the image file to the new location and then tried to restore Windows back again. The process worked. And there is no issue at all. So here it looks a some kind of issue with the storage. You will also have to do the same thing. Try to change the location and test back.

The issue is due to damage image file. I had made a DVD out of the same which later on failed to help . The DVD was created a few months before and I had already used the same for restoration. Where it worked. Later on create a new one back again and also kept a copy on the network location. the best thing is to keep the image file on the internal hard drive of a system so that it should work more better and faster.

Cheap HTML5 Website Design India

Try uninstalling Google chrome completely, restart your PC and re-download Google chrome again.