Thread: How to get back old partition created for Linux in windows PC

How to get back old partition created for Linux in windows PC

hi guys I need you guys help on this few month ago I have made my pc to dual boot with the Linux on my windows 7 pc . but now when I was looking on the Linux site they got the windows installer which will allow it run the Ubuntu on my computer . so ultimately I don’t need the extra partition place that was reserved for the Linux so I need help on this as I don’t want to format the hard disk . is there anyone here know how to do this I would be really appreciating any help from you thanks

re: How to get back old partition created for Linux in windows PC

providing it is simply marked, in Windows Disk Management, as a primary partition then you may be OK. I recall that the partition that has the MBR on it's marked Active and Boot. i do not recognize something regarding Linux partitions. after you delete the partition it'll become "Unallocated Space". the sole issue you may have is that you just won't be ready to extend the Windows partition into the unallocated space to the left of the system partition using Disk Management. It simply looks to me that gaining the additional space for C: would be the sole reason to travel through the difficulty. thus to try to to that you just would want to use a disk management program like Partition Wizard. The free version will not do it, however the bootable CD can, you'll simply format that partition and use it for private information. How size is it?

That is what I suspected, however I appreciate your confirmation. What i used to be not responsive to is that i would not be ready to merge that partition with another drive. however it is smart. i would be ready to merge it through linux, however if deleting it's no downside, then I will rest assured. The partition is just 20GB.

I deleted the partition. And have encountered no problems. I actually have did not reformatted it, nither have i attempted to combine it. i will be able to either try and merge it with C or, if i would like to merge it with linux partition, I will shrink Windows 7 partition by 20gb, then combine it with the fresh vista partition of 20gb, then format the ex-Windows 7 20gb within the ext4 format plus merge it with the Linux partition.

Remove linux partition with tool as gparted live cd and you'll be able to get this file if you Google it

Make windows fat or ntfs partition on that unpartitioned house

i hope that helps

boot up windows and in delete Ubuntu partitions through Disk Management Tool. if you're using Ubuntu's Boot Loader then you may get grub prompt on boot up once deleting Ubuntu partitions. Currently boot up through Windows Installation CD and choose fix on prompt put in the "FIXMBR".

Re: How to get back old partition created for Linux in windows PC

you have to resize existing partition. windows disk management tool will just delete or produce partitions. for resizing, you would like a 3rd party tool. for resizing, GParted LiveCD is best choice. download .iso image and burn it to CD. boot up from CD and resize partition. before using GParted, delete Ubuntu Partitions and execute FIXMBR hope this will help you