Thread: Classpnp.sys, black screen during startup repair and during boot

sad Classpnp.sys, black screen during startup repair and during boot

Hi I have 3 years old Toshiba L300-D.
    1 year back I upgraded vista to windows 7 Home premium.
    3 days back I had problem - my starting windows page was hanged and was not proceeding forward, also All types of safe mode was getting stuck on classpnp.sys.
    After reading many forums I booted with USB (mounted with windows 7) and used command prompt and deleted all "pcmcia" realted files from C drive. Now using F8 function
    I can't use any option (all option safe mode, low resolution, startup repair,etc won't work, even changes in Bios setting won't work). Also now while booting my PC with USB, after starting windows page, black screen appears with white arrow and it won't go further this black screen so now I can't even use command prompt & Installation option .
    Now I don't know what to do
    Any help will be appreciated

Re: Classpnp.sys, black screen during startup repair and during boot

Can you try to reset all configs to default in Bios. Then, reboot and, inside the BIOS (again), reset system to your old configs and restart Windows and check if everything is working fine. If not then boot to bios and place the windows 7 dvd in the dvd drive and select first option in bios to boot from cd/dvd. After a restart it should ask you to repair the windows, just follow the on screen options to complete it.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

Thanks for your reply...
    Finally I got entry through safe mode with command prompt using F5 & F8 after booting with USB.
    But I had only 1 option for Installation...that was custom installation....... Now I have re-installed windows 7 but my all personal documents got formatted...
    Is there any way I can recover my personal files after Custom Re-installation (Not upgrade) of windows 7 ????

You shouldnt have reinstalled windows 7 on your pc without first backing up the important data's by connecting the hard drive to some other pc or laptop and then transferring the data's. Now that it is formatted there is no way you can get the data even with many of the data recovery software's available in the market, sorry.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

HI Good news after 1 day of long wait I have received 95% of my data except few non working data Thanks to Easeus Data Recovery Software