Thread: No sound in Ubuntu 11.10

No sound in Ubuntu 11.10

After installing version 11.10, I have no sound, video (youtube) is playing fast and I have no access to other hard drives (access forbidden), one of the accounts that exist on your computer. Interestingly, in the second account everything works normally. Both accounts have administrator permissions. so anyone have what actually the problem is? any way to solve this issue?

Re: No sound in Ubuntu 11.10

i also had the same problem, but i solve my by simply upgrading the system.
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get upgrade sudo apt-get upgrade
    try this, i hope this will solve your problem.

One of the characteristics of Ubuntu that is different from other distributions is also the start-up sound, the famous melody that shows us that our operating system is started. It can happen especially in the new Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric the sound is not working properly, or boot while playing the melody feels only partially. The problem is due to lack is some sound files from the ubuntu placed in the folder / sounds we simply return them to the correct folder.

To restore the sound to work correctly and boot Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric simply launch the terminal and type:

Code:
    sudo cp /usr/share/sounds/ubuntu/stereo/* /usr/share/sounds/
    now you can restart deployment and will have to restart the sound to the correct login.

I installed ubuntu 11.10 on friday, and since yesterday I have no sound whatsoever with speakers or headphones. Yesterday my speakers were recognized and the test worked, but now nothing they are not even recognized. I wondered if it was a problem with the controller, but I board any ideas to solve this problem.

Canonical has done a great job with Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric, which can happen to run into some minor hiccup during the daily use of the entire system. One of the most bizarre problems that could happen is to get to the LightDM login screen, enter your credentials and not hear any sound after you have logged. Although the volume is a bold and despite everything seems configured correctly, your speakers do not give off even a measly beep. The solution? According to my experience, simply open the terminal and type:

Code:
    sudo cp / usr / share / sounds / ubuntu / stereo / * / usr / share / sounds /

If anyone has had this problem than solved with this command.

The problem is another oneiric, after even searching on the internet I have not found the right solution, that the headphone jack does not exclude automatically included speakers. It seems that this hole is innate in ubuntu. I have a sound card alc1200 7.1.