Thread: Touchpad not working properly with Ubuntu 11.10

Touchpad not working properly with Ubuntu 11.10

i am using Ubuntu 11.10 and i dont know why Touchpad of my laptop not responding properly. its working in other od but giving me problem in ubuntu 11.10 only. why like this? is there any problem with my 11.10 or is there any setting in 11.10for Touchpad? anyone else have any problem with this? please if anyone found any solution for this than please provide me.

Re: Touchpad not working properly with Ubuntu 11.10

I have a recurring problem on my toshiba satellite L735 laptop. the touchpad of the laptop is disabled in Ubuntu 11.10 (not tested on other versions). Unable to reactivate and I have to restart the laptop. At times it makes me tedious, and at other times, I can work for hours without problem. I do not know if it related to the inactivity of the computer. The laptop has a button to disable the mouse to be able to type at the keyboard without clicking by mistake, but I did not previously served.

I have a Dell Inspiron 1720 and since the update, it no longer works at all. I went to see in system setting/mouse and touch pad/ touch pad. And I noticed that the subtitle: speed of any size is at least: Acceleration: slow, Sensitivity: low. I just had a problem setting but maybe it will not work after a while. I'll let you know, will see in the settings to check if everything is in order and uncheck "disable touchpad while typing." And see if there is a mini. In your case uncheck "disable touchpad while typing" seems to fit with your problem.

I only used as backup or troubleshooting. So I did an update, which is not the case every time, and there, behold, here is my touchpad works again. I have 3 users on this machine, each in its touchpad preferences, two were activated, the third was not. We have no idea. Following this experience, I am inclined to think that Ubuntu may have some difficulty with this particular function, specific to phones. I see in my future use if things have changed.

here the solution for your problem. Installing a super useful tool dconf-tool (if we have all the repos active, installation should not give problems); Launch the tool from the Dash, Search the string / org / gnome / settings-daemon / plugins / touchpad , Select the option-enable touchpad.

The same thing happens to me too with the touchpad on ubuntu 11.10 but the problem I have is that, following your advice I do not get the touchpad on the string / org / gnome / settings-daemon / plugins / touchpad / you indicate, no plugins touchpad hangs by me nowhere.

If I remember correctly, the first version I tried was Ubuntu 9.10, and since then never had problems with the touchpad until today. Even with Ubuntu 11.04 did not happen, but has been install Ubuntu 11.10 and check hangs helplessly as the pointer a few seconds to start my session. However, if you connect a USB mouse pointer back to live. i have a HP Pavilion DV7 2010ES laptop, though it is possible that you have suffered this problem as other users with devices from different brands touchpads to mount.

In my case, I've solved it by adding the following line to / etc / profile and restart the system:

Code:
    synclient TouchpadOff = 0
    If you fail so to resolve the conflict, there is a second option is to install the package from the Centre Ubuntu software, it is a KDE package itself, which involves the installation of several Qt usually unnecessary if you use GNOME.

it is quite likely that unchecking ("Disable touchpad when using keyboard") is being replaced a "TouchpadOff = 1" to a "TouchpadOff = 0" in a configuration file (I'll check out of curiosity). But, as it says, it is not clear system options that we do not work, it will enable users interested in having the touchpad while writing. Possibly in Unity, and I've tried GNOME Shell and KDE (Kubuntu 11.10), and the problem does not exist.

Fedora also has a problem with the touchpad, and is that by default does not work double click on the surface. In principle, the solution is very simple: the system configuration, we go to the icon and activate the mouse pad. However, at the next reboot to check the login screen on the pad does not work, so we are forced to make left-click on the username. Activation of the pad is not complicated, just add the following lines to / usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-synaptics.conf:

Section "InputClass"
    Identifier "touchpad catchall"
    Driver "synaptics"
    MatchIsTouchpad "on"
    Option "TapButton1" "1"
    Option "TapButton2" "2"
    Option "TapButton3" "3"
    EndSection