Thread: No sound on Ubuntu 11.04

No sound on Ubuntu 11.04

I switched from Ubuntu 10.10 to Ubuntu 11.04. It is nice that Unity new interface, but all too confusing, so I'm pressed to display a normal Ubuntu. And so all is well or a problem of video and a poor sound problem: apparently I can choose between two devices for sound: a CM6501 or a SB Live! and according to one or the other, I can choose a setting from a fortnight for the exit of sound. so anyone have any idea about this than please help to solve this issue.

Re: No sound on Ubuntu 11.04

i also have the same problem. i just newly install ubuntu 11.04 and its really works good but the problem is only with my sound. i cant get the sound from my pc, it works well with my other os like in vista and in windows 7, than i cant understand why this is not working ubuntu. anyoneelse is here who also have the same problem with this? or anyone have any idea or any hint to solve this problem.

I will not be annoying, but can not find a way to have sound. I walk into sound systems and I have 2 options where it says hardware, internal audio, RS880 audio device. This is what I choose it and I have connected the monitor via an HDMI cable. I close the window, open it and unconfigure, restart and nothing happens.

When installing Ubuntu 11.04 drivers all pulled me well, but the update and install the extra restrictive, and other codecs, It was the sound, if I had the drivers and recognized the device but did not hear anything, the solution is very easy to open a nautilus as administrator

Code:
    sudo nautilus sudo nautilus
    and then go to / etc / modprobe.d / alsa-base.conf, within the file just add the following line:

Code:
    options snd_hda_intel model = auto
    Save, close the file, restart, and it makes the sound xD.

I finally restore the sound in the following way. I like here pointer to the file / etc / modprobe.d / alsa-base.conf Then I added the following line:

Code:
    options snd_hda_intel model = STAC9227
    since that is the model of my sound driver, I have an Intel motherboard 946GZis, with Sigmatel STAC9227 driver. Finally, I wrote:

Code:
    sudo alsa force-reload sudo alsa force-reload
    And with that sound back to normal.

To find out what kind of sound driver you have, type the following command before making the above described:
    Code:
    cat / proc/asound/card0/codec * | grep Codec
    I hope this is helpful to you.

I tried reinstalling ALSA and I could not marked for some compilation errors , I tried this method and replacing my driver in: options snd_hda_intel model = xxx I could solve the audio problem on my Ubuntu 11.10.

I solved the problem by Allany, there was a good thing to do in alsamixer, it was necessary to change the status of "Independent HP". after the speakers and headphones work in parallel.

Quote Originally Posted by ADDISON View Post
    I finally restore the sound in the following way. I like here pointer to the file / etc / modprobe.d / alsa-base.conf Then I added the following line:

Code:
    options snd_hda_intel model = STAC9227
    since that is the model of my sound driver, I have an Intel motherboard 946GZis, with Sigmatel STAC9227 driver. Finally, I wrote:

Code:
    sudo alsa force-reload sudo alsa force-reload
    And with that sound back to normal.

To find out what kind of sound driver you have, type the following command before making the above described:
    Code:
    cat / proc/asound/card0/codec * | grep Codec
    I hope this is helpful to you.
    When I tried to alsa force-reload I see following warning messages,can some please guide me.

alsa force-reload
    lsof: WARNING: can't stat() fuse.gvfs-fuse-daemon file system /home/kiran/.gvfs
    Output information may be incomplete.
    Terminating processes: 4100lsof: WARNING: can't stat() fuse.gvfs-fuse-daemon file system /home/kiran/.gvfs
    5090lsof: WARNING: can't stat() fuse.gvfs-fuse-daemon file system /home/kiran/.gvfs
    5105lsof: WARNING: can't stat() fuse.gvfs-fuse-daemon file system /home/kiran/.gvfs
    5120lsof: WARNING: can't stat() fuse.gvfs-fuse-daemon file system /home/kiran/.gvfs
    (with SIGKILL 5136lsof: WARNING: can't stat() fuse.gvfs-fuse-daemon file system /home/kiran/.gvfs
    (failed: processes still using sound devices: 5151(pulseaudio)).
    lsof: WARNING: can't stat() fuse.gvfs-fuse-daemon file system /home/kiran/.gvfs
    /sbin/alsa: Warning: Processes using sound devices: 5151(pulseaudio).
    Unloading ALSA sound driver modules: snd-seq-midi snd-rawmidi snd-seq-midi-event snd-seq snd-seq-device snd-hda-codec-analog snd-hda-intel snd-hda-codec snd-hwdep snd-pcm snd-timer snd-page-alloc (failed: modules still loaded: snd-hda-codec-analog snd-hda-intel snd-hda-codec snd-hwdep snd-pcm snd-timer snd-page-alloc).
    Loading ALSA sound driver modules: snd-seq-midi snd-rawmidi snd-seq-midi-event snd-seq snd-seq-device snd-hda-codec-analog snd-hda-intel snd-hda-codec snd-hwdep snd-pcm snd-timer snd-page-alloc.

Hey buddy I think you will need to reset the pulse configuration and you can do the same by running the below mentioned command on the Terminal.
    Code:
    rm -r ~/.pulse ~/.asound* ~/.pulse-cookie 
    sudo rm /etc/asound.conf
    you should copy and paste the command in order to avoid the error.

I have executed following commands

rm -r ~/.pulse ~/.asound* ~/.pulse-cookie
    sudo rm /etc/asound.conf

Still No Sound.

Can someone plz guide me in solving my issue.Thanks in advance