Thread: Elantech touchpad not working properly as “ImPS/2 Logitech Wheel Mouse” in ubuntu

Elantech touchpad not working properly as “ImPS/2 Logitech Wheel Mouse” in ubuntu

i have Asus K61IC-A1 laptop and install ubuntu. i have tried many things to solve this issue. remaining all works properly but dont know Touchpad not working properly which is made by Elantech. Touchpad actually functioning correctly but i need to chage some property which i cant be able to do. i am not understand what actually the problem is. one of my friend said its driver issue,but i dont know how toget ride of this. please if anyone has any idea about this than please provide me.

Re: Elantech touchpad not working properly as “ImPS/2 Logitech Wheel Mouse” in ubuntu

The touchpad problem is just in the ASUS K50IJ. Also, I see a mouse in xinput and not in touchpad. However, the solution here leads to the fact that the touchpad is no longer at view. Have an idea of how to customize the solution? Can it be like someone else is in Touchpad K50IJ, then the one with this force-command must choose? Unfortunately I am still clueless right about ubuntu.

Re: Elantech touchpad not working properly as “ImPS/2 Logitech Wheel Mouse” in ubuntu

I use Ubuntu 10.04/64-bit with current kernel 2.6.32-22 on my Asus laptop K70AE (X70AE-TY029V). I can disable the touchpad (Elantech) while typing. Unfortunately the Elantech touchpad is detected as ImPS mouse. in the mouse settings tab "touchpad" is not displayed. the mainline kernel 2.6.34.rc7, and final try 2.6.35.rc1. It actually worked. The Elantech touchpad is detected, the tab "touchpad" was now available. Since there is a mainline kernel, but the installation had another consequence. Thus, the volume was reduced, the ATI graphics driver was no longer detected, Flash also had problems, etc. I uninstalled the mainline kernel first again and hope that there will soon be an official Ubuntu kernel that resolves the problem or find someone who fixes the bug in the current Ubuntu kernel.

Yes it works only with the need of the mainline kernel and the occurring errors are not acceptable.

I see the same, why such errors are not rectified quickly, that's exactly what the normal user prevents them from leaving Windows. If it is so easy, then, why can not it fix the bug and correspondingly easy to update? I'm surprised a little that you can be in such a case as much time, because for me the touchpad is on-Main feature. I have to give it back desperately screwed my laptop to make possible, after seeing the mainline kernel 2.6.34-rc7 - tried variant functionality well for the graphics card then no longer, but that does not matter. if I get it back setbacks, but these little things would quickly be eliminated otherwise you will never have success with Ubuntu.

I had hoped that the current "point release" or "snapshot" called corrected the error regarding "Elantech Touchpad" (ImPS / mouse). But thats not true, nothing happend, the error is still there. Well, it is known only for 10 months. The funny thing is that at 10:10 the "Elantech" is easily identified and the touch pad settings are also available again. When I look at the update list, then there really would have more important errors which are fixed. They seem to really become an ivory tower with no contact with the outside world to live.

I have my laptop now starting times of 8:10 with live DVD. The touchpad works but is displayed as a "ImPS / 2 Logitech Wheel Mouse". If someone brings an idea how I run under 9:04 for the touchpad again? Here is the console output or a part of / var/log/Xorg.0.log:

Code:
    $ Cat / proc / bus / input / devices | grep-B 5 mouse
    I: Bus = 0017 Vendor = 0001 Product = 0001 Version = 0100
    N: Name = "Macintosh mouse button emulation"
    P: Phys =
    S: Sysfs = / devices/virtual/input/input0
    U: Uniq =
    H: Handlers = mouse0 event0 
    -
    I: Bus = 0011 Vendor = 0002 Product = 0005 Version = 0063
    N: Name = "ImPS / 2 Logitech Wheel Mouse"

i am also in a same boat, when I try synclient settings I get an error message: "Could not get synaptics properties. No synaptics driver loaded?" lsmod gives no evidence of mouse or synaptics. xinput list provides for the touchpad: ImPS / 2 Logitech Wheel Mouse. Work under Ubuntu the above patches fine, just not under fluxflux.