Thread: Ubuntu 10.10 cannot resume from suspend

Ubuntu 10.10 cannot resume from suspend

i dont know why but Ubuntu 10.10 cannot wake from suspend, its just giving me blank screen and forced me to shut down. i am not understand how can i solve this problem. remaining all work ok. so anyone have any solution for this? anyone ever experienced this situation ever? please if anyone get any solution for this than please help me to solve this.

re: Ubuntu 10.10 cannot resume from suspend

same thing happend with me too. i have Toshiba NB305 and i am running ubuntu 10.10 with internal hard disk. i have to shut it down every time i put it away. so now this is really like irritating and i am just bored to solve this issue. anyone have any solution for this or have any idea about any patch which help to solve this?

I have my Eee PC with latest updates with Ubuntu 10.10. Now I have the following problem when I close the laptop, my laptop every time goes into standby / sleep after the WLAN does not restart immediately. In the top menu bar which is only to realize that Ubuntu tries endlessly to connect via wireless (radio waves move back and forth). To connect successfully via WiFi then I have to click on the wireless icon and click again to connect to the network. i know this problem is bit diffent from you, but actually i think both solutions are same. thats why i just posted this here.

It may be helpful if you ejecting before hibernation, the module for your wifi and after hibernation it again invite new. This you achieve by an entry in / etc / pm / config.d / unload_modules.

I have an annoying problem: when to put my Samsung N150P netbook into standby mode to conserve energy, then I can not "wake up". have to then make a hard reboot (via the on-switch). i have Tried all the buttons, but found nothing, the netbook is simply dead (except for the small LEDs, which indicate that it is on).

That depends on the ACPI off, unfortunately that is not standardized and some devices under Linux does not really work, In addition, there are "special circumstances".

About the ACPI functions which annoy many. This notebook is, as I just looked up actually kept completely in Intel equipment. That is what ever positive. Just do not give up, Just as a suggestion even a little history: On my Acer the standby mode did not work right away. Since I've found for really long and painstaking search of the solution. One only had to modify a row in grub.cfg and that's it. GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT = "quiet splash i8042.reset = 1". According to my research, the problem is that some hardware components in the wake must be reinitialized - but who can say with certainty which ones.

Suspend works for me which is unfortunately no longer among the 11.xx versions of Ubuntu. I now had longer re-used Windows 7, in front of an Ubuntu 10.10, under which suspend still ran. The non-functioning is manifested by the following: As soon as I activate suspend, for a short time I land on a black screen with blinking Cursor. The computer turns out not so. I was already in the file / var / log / pm-suspend.log looked, but since there are only reports of success. What occurs to me: Since the functioning suspend under Ubuntu 10.10 at that time I have connected other / new external hardware.

Since the last kernel update, unfortunately, no longer functioned, the standby mode on my Thinkpad X200. At the start a briefly message of type: "TPM_SEND_ERROR" discover. After a little search through Google for Launchpad I'm on this bug encountered. So it seems a problem with the TPM module to give the kernel. A quick check after removing the TPM module with sudo modprobe-r tpm_tis. Then brought certainty: Then work back to the standby mode. So without further info, the TPM module, because I do not always need to included in the blacklist: gksu gedit / etc / modprobe.d / blacklist.conf. Then you simply insert a new row: BlackList tpm_tis and since I can finally shut the screen or press FN + F4 and the laptop actually goes into standby mode.

I have a Ubuntu 10.10 on Acer 2920Z with 2 GBDe RAM and a 1.7 GHz core duo and when I close the suspend (which amounts to the same, because I have to "suspend" when i turn off the button ), it is suspended and such. The problem comes when I give a button to resume and it seems to me that its tries on and off only.

Re: Ubuntu 10.10 cannot resume from suspend

This is one of the perennial problems (with laptops especially) in most distros, not just ubuntu. Unfortunately still no stable solution for this. Have to wait.