Thread: User Account Icon with Gnome Logout Menu missing in Ubuntu 11.10

User Account Icon with Gnome Logout Menu missing in Ubuntu 11.10

HI, i used this Ubunutu 11.10 OS on my laptop and now i missing so many things on it. Specially when i go to Ubuntu screen i lost user account icon in top right portion of screen. I read few articles and they explain that the Gnome log out menu is best for doing shutting down task. Can anyone explain more things about it? Is there alternative things presents on it. If yes, please share your experience. Also please explain information to get the user account icon on it. Thanks for any such help.

re: User Account Icon with Gnome Logout Menu missing in Ubuntu 11.10

If this icon missed on the desktop top right corner, you can found it on the /usr/share/applications/ folder. Go to that folder. then perform simple drag and drop facility. This is well for you to fix your icon missing problem. In MY Computer you found this icon. Try it and check whether it works or not.

Quote Originally Posted by ZAHAR View Post
    If this icon missed on the desktop top right corner, you can found it on the /usr/share/applications/ folder. Go to that folder. then perform simple drag and drop facility. This is well for you to fix your icon missing problem. In MY Computer you found this icon. Try it and check whether it works or not.
    yes, I can perform such mentioned process on mu linux system. This is really helpful for me. I also facing similar kind of problem and after reading your post, i applied it on the linux. GNOME is a desktop environment of the Linux and in that you can easily find the log out menu after clicking on start menu. This is the common process and log out options is presents on almost all the versions of the windows system. Try this and check its details. This is well for you.

If you want to get GNOME log out on desktop then first try to open terminal window. Then execute below mentiond code on that terminal window.
    sudo apt-get install nautilus-gksu
    After running this code on your terminal window you found that the GNOME log out menu icon on desktop.

Try changing the desktop theme. Same kind of problem arrives on my Linux system. this problem arrives after changing desktop theme. then i replace this theme with the previous theme. I found all the icons on desktop. This is well for me and i think you can also get such result.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayanidhi View Post
    Try changing the desktop theme. Same kind of problem arrives on my Linux system. this problem arrives after changing desktop theme. then i replace this theme with the previous theme. I found all the icons on desktop. This is well for me and i think you can also get such result.
    Changing the theme might be work to fix this problem. You could try to start the application from the terminal. Terminal is also one of the option that works ot do any kind of task by entering proper command on it. Try to enter correct GNOME icon name on it and press enter. I'm hopping that it works and you can show the applications of such entered icon name. Manual of the unbuntu also gives the details about such code. You can use here for more information.

That could be work on your ubuntu 11.10 OS. If it not work, try to simply reboot your system. Then perform relaunching the GNOME icon on this Ubuntu desktop. I'm sure it launch the suitable icon on your system. Try this and check its result This is well for you to get the correct result on it.

Re: User Account Icon with Gnome Logout Menu missing in Ubuntu 11.10

GNOME Panel is a highly configurable launcher normally shows the customizations menu for getting the correct icons on there desktop. You need to just use this icon and check its result. This is well for you to first access this customizations icon. Its setting options works to access and set setting. Then access icon on your desktop with the help of GNOME. This is really work to log out type of icon on desktop.