Thread: Windows 8 Incompatible softwares

Windows 8 Incompatible softwares

I have installed the Windows 8 Developers Preview on my computer and I am using this from last 3 days. Last night I was trying to install the WinCap on my computer but while doing that it was showing me the message that use this on your own risk and after that it was not letting me to install that. I think that this is not compatible with the windows 8. So I want you all to post all the softwares which are not compatible with the Windows 8. Also tell me that what should be done in such situations.

Re: Windows 8 Incompatible softwares

I don’t think that someone can suggest you much about this. There is only one thing that you can do in this condition and that is to use that within the compatibility mode and see if that works for you or not. As far as I know, this is only the developers preview and so I don’t think that we can expect all the things to function with that. We will have to wait till the full version is released.

The next version of Windows will have two different versions, one for ARM and one for PCs based on Intel chips. So far there is not much new information about this but what's interesting is that they also say that the version of Windows 8 for ARM will have "backward compatibility", ie you can not run software written for older versions of Windows. The most amazing thing is that this will also affect the release of Windows 8 for Intel. Only PCs that will have the specification for the Windows 7 will only be able to run the old apps. Whether this will be same form of virtualization (such as Windows XP Mode coming in Winy), or be only a "compatibility mode" that will allow older applications to run natively.

There is possibility that the removal of backward compatibility do more good than harm in Windows 8 for ARM . First, because the ecosystem is "lost" and does not provide value to users of tablets, and because of that developers are under pressure to create new applications, which themselves are optimized for touch screens, and also make use of new technologies for Windows 8.

I have not found any of the software that i incompatible with the Windows 7. If you can run any of the software that is running well with the Windows 7 then that is surely going to work with the Windows 8 as well.