Thread: Is the Windows 8 good for games?

Is the Windows 8 good for games?

Currently, I am running the Windows 7 on my computer and I am thinking to switch to the Windows 8 as the Developers preview is already available. I mostly use computers to play the games and I want to ask that if Windows 8 will be able to run the games properly or not as Windows 7 is doing. Do you have some gaming experience with the Windows 8. If yes then please let me know that. I will be thankful to all the replies for this.

Re: Is the Windows 8 good for games?

I think that the Windows 7 is already well optimized and Windows 8 is coming too soon without any reason. I confess that I can not understand why they do that now. For me their flagship product is the Kinect, they should focus on games Kinect. It is a very powerful device, but it lacks Compatible Game. Indeed it is somewhat surprising, because in the video games they are doing very well, but if we talk about the desktop interfaces then it is not that pretty. Windows 8 is not very nice for the game.

My suggestion to you is to wait for two more months as soon there will be release of the beta version of the Windows 8 and that will be with less bugs and you can install that in your computer. I am waiting for that too and by that time you can continue with the Windows 7 only.

I don’t think that Windows 8 will perform bad with the games. Microsoft has announced that Xbox Live is integrated into Windows 8. I have personal experience of playing games on windows 8 computers and I can say that they have done quite well in aspect of the games as well. Microsoft plans to build on the success of its predecessor. By the end of 2012, the latest operating system hit the market - the features and design is so far only poorly understood. Maybe Windows 8 will result with two different surfaces. The stripped surface, however, might come on slower devices like tablets and Netbooks to use. Just so that Microsoft could finally present a tailored touch screen operating system. Also technically, the focus seems to be on mobile computers: Windows 8 will store within six seconds of all open applications and documents, and fall into the sleep mode.

The gaming on the PC seems to be a key element of Windows to be 8. A source tells the new operating system will "bring a real boost in terms of PC gaming." Other rumors describe a dynamic interface in Windows 8 Desktop icons or start bar entries would adapt it to the habits of the user - such as zoom position or you will also be able to create your own.

Xbox Live is integrated o the Windows 8 operating system. Thus, there will be a better integration at the Games for Windows Live. We learn that the Xbox Live will be fully embedded in the system, which again shows any willingness to take advantage of Microsoft Windows 8 and its interface Metro refocused applications (which can be developed either HTML / JavaScript / CSS, or C / C + + / etc.) to encourage developers to provide all these "small" games to the delight of users of mobile systems to Apple or Google. The idea is of course to better connect players to one another and manage to replicate the success that is the on the platform Xbox Live console.

Taking the Xbox Live to Windows 8 is part of their vision to provide each user with all the entertainment possible.

Games for Windows Live deploying its greatest success in this area of the Xbox Live. Many new features on the cross-platform should be made possible by this integration. It will be possible to play Xbox 360 games on PC.

We also have the Sandy Bridge system running various gaming benchmarks to see whether there are differences to be discovered. Microsoft has announced that the memory consumption of Windows 8 from Windows 7 approximately halved. Our question was therefore whether this is noticeable in heavy applications. I don’t think that there will be any big difference in the gaming performance. If ';you are running the game on Windows 7 smoothly then there will be no problem to run the same on Windows 8 as well.

We have tried to benchmark different games, but we also regularly ran into problems. Some games simply do not work properly under Windows 8. They thereby tend to argue with DirectX 11. We have some benchmarks multiple times and run some benchmarks that did not work. Apparently there are still some minor problems in Windows 8 with DirectX 11.

Developers preview is not good for the games but I am sure that developers are working on that and I am sure that it will be better with the game with the final release.