Thread: Cannot login to AIM on Windows 8

Cannot login to AIM on Windows 8

I have installed the Windows 8 Developers preview on my computer and there is one problem, I am facing with this. Actually when I try to login to AIM then it shows me the message as "bad username or password" error. I tried many of the times but all the times it was sowing me the same error message. I tried it in all the possible ways that I know to get it solved but none of them worked for me. So I though that it will be good to have some idea from other people and so I am posting this over here.Please reply that what should I do.

Re: Cannot login to AIM on Windows 8

This is most likely seem to be problem with the router/firewall. There might be some newer port assignments / firewall settings that can be used with the AIM. There isno problem with the AIM as I can install run and connect with the AIM without any problem. I am using the direct to the DSL modem and with this, it is not using the router. You can also do the same and I hope that it will work for you as well.

Just check that you are entering the password correctly or not. Make sure that the caps lock is not on. Try login from some other PC and make sure that the problem is not with the password.

Quote Originally Posted by jaykant View Post
    Just check that you are entering the password correctly or not. Make sure that the caps lock is not on. Try login from some other PC and make sure that the problem is not with the password.
    Thank you for the reply but this is not that I am entering wrong user ID or password. I am sure that I am correct at these points. I think I should try by reinstalling the operating system and see if the problem is with the 32/64 bit or not.

Issues and bugs are normal with the Windows 8 this time because it is just the Developers preview and it is available to find the bugs. You must report that to the Microsoft so that it will be fixed in the final release of it.

Have you tried by repairing the system? if not then my suggestion to you is to do the same as this will make all the new files for this, in case if some files are corrupted and you will be out of the issue.