Thread: Unresponsive dashboard widgets while clicking in OS X Lion

Unresponsive dashboard widgets while clicking in OS X Lion

I have a MacBook Pro, which I brought few days ago. I’m not convinced when exactly, although one day I noticed that none of my widgets is working. I can observe their info, and if I, say, mouse over the world clock, the little "i" appears and the whole thing. Conversely, if I attempt to click on the "i," nothing happens–same for all of the widgets.

Re: Unresponsive dashboard widgets while clicking in OS X Lion

Try this

Code:
    Go to ~/Library/Preferences

Move the com.apple.dashboard.plist file from the Preferences folder to the Trash.

See if your widgets work now.

If not, go to ~/Library/Widget

As for the ~/Library/Widgets, it shows both of my installed widgets, Apple Events and Delivery Status. I tried shifting to Desktop, nevertheless it had no consequence on my other widgets. I tried deleting them, logging out, logging back in, although that didn't work either.

Try Deleting following things.

Code:
        com.apple.dashboard.client.plist
        com.apple.dashboard.plist
        com.apple.dashboard.plist.lockfile
        com.apple.dashboard.client.plist.lockfile

This process is an analytic test. It won’t resolve your trouble. Don’t be dissatisfied when you discover that nothing has distorted after you complete it.

The motive of this work out is to make a decision; trouble is localized to your user account, or is system-wide. Enable guest logins and log in as Guest. For orders, commence the System Preferences application, select“Help” from the menu bar, and enter “Set up a guest account” in the search box.

You will not have any access to any of your personal files or settings. Any application you run will act as if you were running it for the first time. Don’t be anxious by this; it’s regular. If you require any passwords or other personal data in order to finish the test, learn by heart, print, or write them down before you begin.

After trying, log out of the guest account and, in your own account, disable it if you desire. Any files you produced in the guest account will be removed automatically when you log out of it.

I did this before with a further user account (not a guest account, but not the account I usually make use of). The trouble was not present on that account, although it is on my personal account.

When you start up, you will be requiring password to login into safe mode.if you have forgotten password than you will need to reset before you login. Safe mode is slower than normal; many things will not work at all, including your login items

In the Finder, hold down the option key and choose Go > Library from the menu bar. From the Library folder, remove the following things.

Code:
     Caches/com.apple.dashboard.client
     Log out, log in, and attempt again.

Going back to the Library folder, in the Preferences subfolder there are files with names such as

Code:
    widget-com.apple.widget.calendar.plist

If you can't replicate the difficulty in the clean state, then establish putting things back in the Preferences folder piecemeal, opening with items that seem unrelated to the matter. I can’t be more precise. After each group of items, repeat the log out/log in cycle and test. At some point, the trouble might reappear, in which case you know that something in the last batch of files you restored is at mistake. If it by no means reappears, the trouble is solved.

This will be a extremely protracted process, however that’s the best I can do in this setting.