Thread: Security Circus by Linux On GUI isolation

Security Circus by Linux On GUI isolation

I have many GUI isolation or you can say requisitions for example an OpenOffice word processor and simple Tetris game. Both of this grant access to my X server. There is hardly any isolation of application among these two applications. They are running or can run or different user account and the designed architecture of X server. So is there any possible way to for Security Circus On GUI isolation on Linux OS? Please help me!

Re: Security Circus by Linux On GUI isolatio

This kind of situation becomes difficult for the administrator to add GUI isolation among the application. I have read a scenario over the web about a professional who was a presenter of Black Hat in the year 2005 who later got famous on the Security virtualization field. I have followed the articles of the professional about this GUI isolation that is the Security circus but I failed to follow the hard steps. I guess its hardly possible for we users.

Re: Security Circus by Linux On GUI isolatio

Nonetheless, that being declared ; this is categorically nothing late. It is indicating that X11 was never intended to be mainstream, in any event not from a security perspective. I accept it gives a small demo in that piece, you are able to attempt it for yourself and see precisely what she is expounding on the subject of. By and by this is a cork for qubes OS . Its is indicating that disconnection in the middle of distinctive GUI requisitions is below average, in that they every single have acces to the same input/output mechanisms.

re: Security Circus by Linux On GUI isolation

One program or application can "spy" on an alternate one. This doubtlessly carries concerns for both security and security as banshee can look at what's event in firefox (you know where you're logging into your managing an account locale. She displays an elective in qubes in that basically the OS itself is only a hypervisor and each provision is virtualized inside its particular case, this is one go at to disconnecting the GUI applications access to one another, yet a rather asset escalated one.

This is one explanation why I am positively looking send to Wayland. All however its my grasping that Wayland will be remarkably reliant on x-server at the outset. I doubt that the Wayland undertaking is mindful of this insight.

Well its possible is that what they call an "exceptionally-made": noxious media document might create the honest to goodness form to in any event try to do the embodiment of a thing. That could be a quite particular scenario that not countless folks stand a possibility of needing to bargain with, however.

There's an alternative ready now: equipment is moderately modest, and so delicate errands might be performed on discrete, devoted frameworks that are not utilized for anything favorable or enjoyment. That would be as likely as not as accurate in the adventure space, however for little-to-medium shops its still worth researching. It's cheaper than an operated utility, and as likely as not cheaper than an adventure permit for virtual desktop results.

Injecting enter-strokes into a project, this is where things get more engaging, the idea being a browser would be able to be misused then utilized to infuse code into a different provision that is running. In any case as OpSecShellshock sharp out, from an assailant's outlook this doubtlessly isn't the best equipped track. That whole assault is dependent upon the chance that you are utilizing that net program, that is traded off at the careful instant you're moreover utilizing whatever requisition could be traded off by it.

By opening malicious media record, and attempting to bargain a program, obviously in hypothesis you might actually have X server open the program or provision at that focus, then infuse code. That being declared I'm honestly sure any individual could ended up being a small something greater than suspicious about sparking a tune and suddenly their program opens, accidents and there is now system action that wasn't there.

Re: Security Circus by Linux On GUI isolation

Like all research its one of those. Hey gentlemen this can happen. Reasonably if you're agonized over this and don't have an option that is such as NoScript, than you're perhaps making a misguided choice in terms of things that are imaginable to happen to you.