Thread: Unable to find disc while installing windows 8

Unable to find disc while installing windows 8

Actually I got the development version of the windows 8 from my friend. So I thought of installing the windows 8 in my PC. I loaded the disc in to the DVD ROM. The disc was successfully loaded and was able to run. But when I tried to click on the windows setup option it prompts up the error message saying that it “unable to find the disc”. So now I’m not getting it what may be the problem of not recognizing the disc.

Has anyone tried the following because I’m not able to install the windows 8 in my PC.

Re: Unable to find disc while installing windows 8

Heya …. Am too looking for the same as I’m getting the same problem when I tried to install the windows 8 on my PC using the DVD its not able to read the disc. What may be the problem, is the problem with my ROM or is the issue with the CD.

Actually I got the development version of the windows 8 from my friend. So I thought of installing the windows 8 in my PC. I loaded the disc in to the DVD ROM. The disc was successfully loaded and was able to run. But when I tried to click on the windows setup option it prompts up the error message saying that it “unable to find the disc”. So now I’m not getting it what may be the problem of not recognizing the disc.

Has anyone tried the following because I’m not able to install the windows 8 in my PC.
    First I want like to know that whether you are able to run any other disc in your rom, because it might happen that the sometimes it is able to load the didc in the rom but do not run when you click on it. So for there might be the possiblity that the registry would be corrupted and due to that you might not be able to load the disc.

Heya …. Am too looking for the same as I’m getting the same problem when I tried to install the windows 8 on my PC using the DVD its not able to read the disc. What may be the problem, is the problem with my ROM or is the issue with the CD.
    As you are saying that you are not able to load the disc, I must say that you should try reinstalling the driver on your pc and check that whether you are able to solve the problem or not. I guess that after reinstallation of the driver in your pc should work for you.

Because in the past I had the same problem and was not able detect the disc in my rom, so I tried with the reinstallation of the driver and after which was able to recognise the DVD in the ROM.

According to me as you are installing the windows 8 os in your pc and not able to load the disc then I must tell you that first you should try installing the drivers of your rom, if still it does not work than there might be chances that your registry may be corrupted.