Thread: Windows 8 minimum System Requirements

Windows 8 minimum System Requirements

I am thinking to install the Windows 8 Developer Preview on my computer but I don't know that what is the minimum system requirement for Windows 8 so that it can be operated flawlessly. So I am starting this thread here so that I can have some idea about what is the minimum system requirement for this. Currently, I am running Windows 7 on my computer. Thank you for your replies in advance.

Re: Windows 8 minimum System Requirements

If you are running Windows 7 in your computer and that is running without any issue then I dont think that there will be any problem to install or run the Windows 8 on your computer. You can install that and will not have problem with that.

The minimum requirements of the successor of Windows 7 will be a 1 GHz CPU, 1 GB of RAM for 32-bit and 64-bit 2 GB, 16 GB of hard disk storage for 32-bit and 20 GB for the 64, plus requires a DirectX 9 graphics device driver WDDM 1.0 or higher. In this sense they appear successful efforts by Microsoft to allow future system requirements Windows 8 will not be greater than currently required for Windows 7 and this is done to avoid making the same mistake that once Vista made ​​the team with much needed performance.

Minimum requirements for Windows 8 :
    • 1 GHz processor
    • 1 GB of RAM for 32-bit or 64-bit 2 GB
    • 16 GB of hard disk storage for 32-bit or 20 GB for 64-bit
    • Graphics card with support for DirectX 9 with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver

The minimum requirements for Windows 7 are at least one processor with 1 GHz, 1 GB or 2 GB of RAM for the 32 - and 64-bit versions and 16 or 20 GB of hard drive space. Microsoft wants Windows 8 even better to adapt the hardware to exploit them best as possible. The operating system may therefore also be installed on computers that are currently running Windows Vista or Windows 7 is installed. A purchase of new and expensive hardware is no longer mandatory.

I would like to tell you that Windows 8 does not need any specific improvement in hardware in terms of memory, disk space or CPU.

I can confirm that this will not need any further modification to the system as I am already using this on the system which was running Windows 7 previously. So dont do any modification to the system and that will run without any problem.