Thread: in Mac OS X lion safari reopen on the last page

in Mac OS X lion safari reopen on the last page

When I close Safari and reopen it, return to the last page visited, it not showing Top Sites view. I don’t know what is wrong with my safari. Is it new resume lion feature? Anyone got any idea about this

Re: in Mac OS X lion safari reopen on the last page

Code:
    System Preferences> General> "Restore the window to exit and re-open applications" checkbox
    You can also hold the option key when using the Exit from the menu.

I'm seeing reopen Safari at the start of the last pages visited, and no, the box "Restore the window to exit and re-open the application" is not checked. It seems that they have nothing to do with this topic. Nice attempt I do not want to observe the pages you had open last time, I just desire to observe a tab with my homepage open when computer starts.

Safaris automatically open while booting? There are many people reporting the similar trouble. Stating its resume feature of lion when applications are closed. I think safari developer should release a fix for this matter.

I am also facing this problem. I don’t know what to do. When I boot up ,safari opens up.While turning off again its starts. Tried resetting safari settings . anyone here who can help me

When you go to shut down or restart the computer, now there is a box that says "Re-open the windows to re-enter." It is now confirmed, and although unmarked and click "Cancel", it was found when I tried to do a reboot. I will turn off and reboot and observe if it remains unchecked.

Incidentally, this is stupid to the restart or shutdown the confirmation box, and there should onlly one option to set in System Preferences.

Well, he stopped to re-open Safari straight away on the reboot, nevertheless it does not stop all open Safari pages before once you open Safari. This is a feature that does not actually need or want. I just desire to observe my home page in one tab to open Safari. I open new tabs as I require at each session. I should not have to close all tabs before turning off my PC, I'm closing and must be a fact that I'm done with all that navigation was doing at the moment.

You whispered that you have extensions turned off; do you have installed something like Glims for Safari?

It seems that if you close all windows safari (not actually quit Safari) and go on safari then when you restart, you get the best websites (or whatever you set for the home page) this is obviously an error.

If you close all windows and stop .when you open Safari again that is set to open,they do not have the windows open when you leave which is not the function . I mean the windows you want to open if you have none.

Solution:

Code:
    YES defaults write com.apple.Safari ApplePersistenceIgnoreState
    If you decide that you do not have the new behavior curriculum, run the above commands, but does not change.
    You can also do the same with Preview:
    YES defaults write com.apple.Preview ApplePersistenceIgnoreState