Thread: 3g modem (Huawei E173) not working with Windows 8

3g modem (Huawei E173) not working with Windows 8

I have installed the drivers recently and that installation went well without any problem. While my laptop allows me to connect then at the start of the connection step, I have to select the device but the problem is that, the devise is not listed over there (say "e173"). I am having the a Huawei E173 and that is running without any problem. It was running well with the Windows 7 and XP. Problem is only with the Windows 8.

Re: 3g modem (Huawei E173) not working with Windows 8

I am sure that you have tried with this but this is more seemed to be problem with the driver. So you can try by reinstalling or updating the driver to the latest one that is available.

It is a compatibility problem. You will have to find the right drivers for that modem or else it will not work. I got the issue with a usb Bluetooth on Windows XP 64bit. For 64bit version drivers are less while most of the time this kind of hardware's are installed automatically on 32bit version of Windows. I tried to find the drivers through windows update and also through manual process but the same failed. In your case I will advance you to visit the official site to locate some drivers update. This would be more beneficial and simple for use the same.

That is a driver problem. When you connect the dongle you will get new hardware installation wizard on the screen. This will scan the system for drivers. Most of the usb dongles comes with drivers in them. You don't have to download or file any new for it. It is better if you can visit the official site and locate the drivers. If is not working then there is one more option. Download and install a free version of Driver Max in your system. This free tool will scan your system for any pending drivers and install the same automatically.