Thread: After upgrading to OS X Lion, unable to print in color on Xerox 7346

After upgrading to OS X Lion, unable to print in color on Xerox 7346

After upgrading to OS X Lion. I am not able to print documents in colour on Xerox workcentre 7346.anyone who got info on this than do reply.i will be glad if you help me to overcome my trouble.

Re: After upgrading to OS X Lion, unable to print in color on Xerox 7346

I think the trouble is with the driver that has been chosen for the print queue. The generic PCL laser driver included in OS X Lion, will print only black and white, Xerox printer queue could be using this driver. Open print and scan, choose the Xerox printer and then open Options and Supplies, under Driver tab you will observe what was exactly chosen. Preferably you would have the Xerox list or even the generic PostScript driver.ie included with the OS X lion.

If you have chosen the Xerox then check the Presets menu print dialog of any application. If you have a standard of other preset chosen, this could be a cause. And yet the print dialog box, Alter the menu to one of Xerox's menus to observe if black and white or grayscale is chosen

I tried your suggestion what happens is that the printer is spewing about 97 pages of mixed leaves and white sheets with strange characters printed on them instead of a single sheet of paper.

Consequence would indicate that Xerox does not support PostScript printer language, and when printing from Leopard, must have been using a Xerox proprietary driver for OS X. So if Xerox has released a version that support Lion, then you could look into that and make use of of pxlmono package, which includes the driver pxlcolor that allows you to print in color using the PCL6 printer language

Quote Originally Posted by Jezriah View Post
    Consequence would indicate that Xerox does not support PostScript printer language, and when printing from Leopard, must have been using a Xerox proprietary driver for OS X. So if Xerox has released a version that support Lion, then you could look into that and make use of of pxlmono package, which includes the driver pxlcolor that allows you to print in color using the PCL6 printer language
    I was unable to find pximono package that supports os x lion

Quote Originally Posted by Evoldo View Post
    I was unable to find pximono package that supports os x lion
    You have to work extremely well with OS X 10.7. Open printing site has been for several months and has not been able to update pages

I imagine it would be prudent to step back and start once more from beginning. I checked the specification for the printer and I imagine PostScript is a standard language for this printer. Xerox lists this printer as being supported under Lion with the built in controller.

Do you make use of this printer with the built in drivers or you make use of EFI Fiery controller?

When using the printer in Leopard (OS X 10.5.x) where did you get the drivers for the printer? What protocol is being used to connect to the printer - LPD / LPR, Jet Direct / Application Socket?

I imagine I will be capable to make use of the printer with embedded controller .when you make use of the printer in OS X Leopard, or find the drop-down list of printer and scan drivers in System Preferences

I am using the LPD protocol to connect to the printer .For OS Lion that originally tried the same drivers that I used in Leopard and when it did not work I deleted the printer and adding a new driver drop-down list to print and scan drivers in System Preferences - assuming that drivers have been updated. I have just downloaded this package from Xerox official website.