Thread: Windows 8 Dual-Booting with MAC OSX 10

Windows 8 Dual-Booting with MAC OSX 10

I am hardware student and we have one project in our institute and u have to dual boot Windows 8 with MAC OSX 10 through Bootcamp and to develop a method of pushing out Windows 8 images so that they are at a standstill bootable via Bootcamp. so I just need bit help for this. I am misplaced somewhere and I cant be able to do this properly. so anyone have any idea to do this? please help me to dual boot my system.

Re: Windows 8 Dual-Booting with MAC OSX 10

My Dell Dimension 4700 is used to run Mac OS X very well, but after installing Windows 8 after installing Mac OS X no longer works again. I completely clean my hard drive, but still can not boot Mac OS X more, "waiting for root device." OSx86 no disc will not work anymore, sure you are installing, but that's all, I make a mistake of installing Windows 8 on one partition and another Mac? I suspect it may be something wrong with my file. Bsd, I'm not sure, any ideas?

I have OS X running dual booting with windows 8 and my custom rig is faster than a mac pro. I have all my games open, internet browser, all my movies, tv shows, photoshop. Still does not lag. OS X is nice but windows 8 is better. Haven't had one problem with compatibility on 8 with anything. We don't buy a mac because they are too overpriced and you can build something that will cream a mac pro for 2000 less and get better hardware. I like apple, but they are too much money.

I have a problem I can do two things, just before it crashes. I am dual booting Windows 7 and OS 8 widows XI chameleon can open (and therefore, goes to an error on a Mac) or use my Windows 8 or 7 operating system default and then when selecting mac gives me the starting the chain of mistakes and at least I can start again to Windows 8 and seven, but I also want MAC OSX.

Here i have some steps which may be helpful to you:

1. Open the application DiskUtility
    2. Select the disk (not partition) and click on the option Partitions
    3. In the corner bottom right of the graph of disk usage pequeñs can see some rays, which allow clicking and holding to change the space allocated to that partition.
    4. Adjust the size leaving a minimum of 10-12GB for the new operating system
    5. After setting click Apply, this process may take a while.
    6. After the end proceed to create an additional partition in free space by pressing the + button located below the graph partitioning. By default only allows HFS (Mac OS Extended), is created with this format.

Now you have enough space to install Windows 8, for which using the guide Installing Windows 8 via USB proceed to restart the computer with a USB flash drive with Windows 8 on it. With the application Bootable USB we can easily dump for quick and Windows 8 DVD in a USB pendrive.

At the time of the installation that we are required between Upgrade or Custom Custom must be selected and once you reach the screen for selecting target disk press Shift + F10 (Shift F10 key at a time), thus appearing a window command line.

In the new window has opened you must enter the following commands, which will format the newly created partition in NTFS format for Windows 8 can be installed in it:

1. diskpart
    2. list disk (this allows you to list disks and you can choose the right because the list also appears USB flash drive used for installation), in this case was used disk0
    3. select disk 0 (change the 0 for the appropriate disk number)
    4. list partition (partitions will be displayed, usually the first one being very small, known as EFI partition, and the two following the first of the next Mac OSX and that we want to install Windows 8)
    5. select partition 3 (change the 3 in the appropriate partition, making sure not to choose Mac OSX)
    6. format fs=ntfs quick (before re-entering this command make sure you pick the right partition because there is no turning back)
    7. active (activate the partition)
    8. assign letter c (assign the letter C)
    9. exit (close the command line)

Upon returning to the disk selection list for installation and click on Refresh and you should see a partition where if you can install Windows 8.

one time we have Windows 8 installed will see that each time you restart the computer boots as if there were Mac OS X and does not give any selection, it is accential to utilize the application EasyBCD 2.0 Beta Build 63.

Once downloaded and installed the application launched, as administrator, click on the Add option and go to Mac OS X with the default fields working properly, and you would only access the Change Settings option where you can choose which system to boot default and the time to show the menu.

Restarting the computer will see the menu with two options, in the case of selecting the Windows 8 start automatically, in the case of Mac OS X after selecting another menu will appear in OS X where you must choose again the operating system to use.

See how Windows 8 gives a kick to Mac OS X 10.7 ​​look like kicks salves wonder why it usually has the same windows task bar icons is true that changed a little but no one rotten imagine that the windows 8 is something never seen before others a lot different window and the other operating systems until you think competition Halley digital Unix Linux or windows very seriously what the competence labia serious kicks them all.

Windows 8 need to install another OS on the hard drive an encryption key. That is why in practice any distribution that is based on Linux can be installed with Windows 8. Basic making Windows 8 is booting from UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) instead of using the computer's BIOS. In principle, this move by Microsoft to think that Microsoft does not want anyone to install any operating system next to him to eliminate competition. In practice it means that Microsoft does to any software application or dangerous to run when you boot your computer.

Microsoft has denied these claims in which it has said it can be disabled UEFI from the same operating system so you can install different operating systems within a single hard disk provided you do not enable this feature. Do ye think good idea this type of application? Do they improve the security of the computer or just trying to prevent another operating system installed? Do you think this utility should come off by default or not?

Mac OS X doesn't care how you make the partition, but the only thing that it does require is that it's formatted as a Mac OS Extended Journaled. So, use whatever program your prefer to make the partition, and just use the Disk Utility in the install disc to format it to Mac OS Extended Journaled.