Thread: How to resize the sparse bundle image in MAC OS X Lion

How to resize the sparse bundle image in MAC OS X Lion

I'm new to the Mac world, but I know the importance of backups. My setup is MacBook pro with lion wifi network,LaCie NetSpace 2 -1 TB (FAT32).Last night I did my first backup with success. How I can change the image size sparse bundle "whole disk" 500 GB?

Re: How to resize the sparse bundle image in MAC OS X Lion

If you can read and write to a disk image, you can change its size. For example, you can reduce its size if necessary to save disk space or make it bigger to store more information in it.

1. Open Disk Utility in the Utilities folder Disk Utility Launchpad.
    2. Open Disk Utility
    3. Select the disk image if it appears in the list on the left, then click resize the image in the toolbar. Or else, click Re size the toolbar and select a disk image dialog box that appears.
    4. Select a new size.

I did not observe the resize button (and rookie language), nevertheless does not mean that the proper procedure for my mess of course. In the disk Utility I have found and choose the image, click Change the image size, select a new size with the option to "partition and image", after waiting . I am getting nothing

Another attempt: Click the image icon appears backup from Time Machine, choose the image and resize the toolbar button is turned off. Another opportunity, un mount the image, choose the same image in the dialog box to change image size and the same, being the size of 1 TB almost.

You cannot alter the size of a pack of scattered Time Machine.i did this thing but it doesnt help much.

Instead, use the Disk Utility to Repartition the external drive, and maintain a TM into partitions, moving other files to the partitions.

If I got really .This means that Time Machine backup stores all in the first partition, and if in the second there will be other files, you can have the rest of the album .Is it true?

If you do not mind a new establish and restart the external drive (i.e., losing all data and back up again) Attempt this (yet can be formatted as a FAT32 partition of 2) .Using Disk Utility and selecting the external drive, this time

1. Select: Design partitions
    2. Select: Options and GUID, click
    3. For partitions of 1 (Time Machine) select Mac OS Extended (transactional)
    4. For partitions of 2, select FAT32
    5. Click Apply

The "right answer" to my configuration was Pondini solution is, is my guess, nevertheless probably for the reason that the disk is FAT32 NetSpace 2, but the new LaCie firmware allows TM - and Mac too - to write the file in HFS sparse bundle so that, change the size of the simple solution of the partition, only acts on the sparse bundle and the operation was a achievement.

The solutions of the Tony, however, allowed me to meet this world even more powerful call Mac, which is extremely useful.