Thread: How can I run a GUI app from su shell in Linux Mint?

How can I run a GUI app from su shell in Linux Mint?

When I open a terminal and from su admin account trying to run a gui app, it doesn’t run at all. I need some brilliant ideas that works to fix this complex issue on my Linux mint computer OS. I am new to his Linux mint and need some brilliant ideas that work to fix this complex issue. Can anybody suggest some code or anything that help to run such GUI app on my su shell? Thanks for any help.

Re: How can I run a GUI app from su shell in Linux Mint?

If you are a KDE user you can use kdesu instead of doing any other command shell. KDE su is a graphical front end for the UNIX su command for the K Desktop Environment. it is commonly included in Linux distributions. Kdesu is an important tool for all apps that need to execute administrative tasks, either primarily purpose. KDE su is free software and available on any Linux based sites. KDE software is based on the Qt framework. It is an international technology team dedicated to creating a free and user-friendly computing experience. Hence get it and check its performance running capability to run this GUI application.

You need to check the file is being executable mode or not. If it is not, you need to change a file to executable in the GUI. This is necessary to run any such type of GUI based application file. Hence I would be say that try to first change its mode to executable. Then apply remaining process for running it onto your Linux mint system.

In GUI based system you can easily do this mode changing to executable mode with the help of simple process. In that you need to go to Right-click a file -> Properties. Inside properties window, hit the permissions tab and check mark on executable option. It works to set this file mode to executable. Which is gives response and in result it works to run the file in proper direction with the help of basic run command.

NTFS and FAT file systems can't save the Linux permissions. Hence we need to perform the mounting with exec command on it. The UNIX command line utility mount instructs the operating system that a file system is ready to use. Mounting takes place before a computer can use any kind of storage device. Mount a file system causes All files accessible in a Unix system are arranged in one rooted at /. This gives result and then you can see that the result comes in best manner.

If this was initially a Linux file that's on ntfs or fat32 partition that needs to make executable then that's another matter. In such cases, configure this file with the help of the mounting works to solve this critical issue. I must say that try this simple mounting conditions if such things happen on your linux mint system.

If you put a CD-ROM into my laptop, all files on it become executable. Hence I would be suggest to you that try to move this file to CD and then with the help of this CD-ROM, you can able to do this simple task. Try this thing and check its valuable result on your laptop system. I use LaunchAsRoot to run GUI apps as the root user. You can also try this simple thing and check what result arrives onto your linux mint system. This is best and it will be gives you the proper result on your laptop system.