Thread: I think that Linux Mint LMDE KDE Edition is a better version

I think that Linux Mint LMDE KDE Edition is a better version

I need a bit advice is choosing the right version of Linux Mint. I am using a KDE edition before and it looks to be working well. But recently I had found my friend is using Linux Mint LMDE Edition. It has amazing interface and easy to use features. I want to switch to this one. But before doing that I want to know whether it is worth to go for or not. Also which other edition will be better in terms of stable performance.

Re: I think that Linux Mint LMDE KDE Edition is a better version

If you are used to KDE then I will recommend you to stick with that. New version of Linux just comes with some additional feature while other all things are same. If you just want to test then you can try using a live cd. It offer you a complete operating system with all features in it. I am quiet use to ubuntu that is the reason I don't go with any other edition. That would make me more confused.

I am using Linux Mint Maya. I was not using linux before. I just switched to this because I was quiet irritated with the virus issue in Windows. Compare to Windows, Linux Mint is really fast. And the Maya edition is simple to use. It has a nice interface with start menu where we can access all the application. I had see the LMDE edition that is quiet similar. You can go for it. Just test then only you will came to know how it really works.

There is no big deal in using Linux Mint LMDE. It has quiet simple interface and it is very easy to use also. If you are switching from a different UI then Mint is the easiest one to start with. It might less in terms of customization but it is simply fast and as a very smooth interface. If you are going to download the new edition then just wait back for LMDE 201402. Go only for this version. This is new and stable.