Thread: Need to keep Enter My Password on Linux Mint

Need to keep Enter My Password on Linux Mint

Majority of the windows that infect and need internet security and the antivirus which has a significant memory and CPU overhead. When I am using a Linux mint OS so as to I require to go on any of the websites that I possibly will found one would try to infect my system. And when I did the OS notified me that the distant server was trying to install some pos malware and asked for the root PW...Rather than here is a compilation from several. So help me why I just want to entering my passwords again and again.

Re: Need to keep Enter My Password on Linux Mint

I think the password subject it is important so where I am not using the same password for the multiple places. I make the different password for all the different sites like a play station network account, Facebook etc so even it so worse that it is same password as your login at work. IMHO that I would suggest you that your web browser need to place in a secure that to store a passwords for the sight that you are login to.

I just thinking about this that is a better way that if the OS ask you for to enter your password again and again that will protect your system from unauthorized user so it require to be alert ,attentive and responsible for all the above and don’t be lazy. Protect your data and all the information, after all you want to lock your pc whenever you are living? Enter your password when you must. If it is for something slight say a service that you’re run for a few need app then make a separate password just for that.

I notice from many of user have been suggest that passwords are only needed for those of the actions which can critically affect your pc for eg, Allowing right of entry, install a new software etc and like to have enter a password since it is at slightest build me to stop briefly and should be consider that if I really want to do this?

which you are talking about that only need to take care of your system only when I open and access it is exactly what should I have and I haven’t unable the password, and just the necessity for its entry at login screensaver. I have no need for the pause, and I just thing that it is the waste of the time. Seriously a dozen of passwords need to just see the update or like to install any for the everything I need to put a key for the install so I really doesn’t mind that if the system was already setup because the base program and the setting would be finished by then You’d think this was a laptop I left in the library! And I’m the admin on this o s, i should be able to do everything!

I am user Linux mint OS for the last few weeks. so that I just install a mint 11. So the option to enter key we didn’t get in the root password. When I am able to install program manager, so I just use the password as the normal user as we just put the like ABC and the program gets installed what to do for the change of the password and the root from which screen?

So there is no root account in mint so it is the set up from the user account through sudo, gksudo or gksu command to get or accomplish the root access. Although it is technically, so it is possible to modify a password for the root account it is not advisable and if something goes wrong you may find it extremely difficult to get assist from the people on here who don't do so as to their system

If you don't enclose to open and access to your PC, which is most perhaps the case if you've disabled your login password (have you got small children about?!), why not set your passwords to something simple like "a"? Quick to enter but still make you pause a second or two

All times think comes in my mind, why not containing any of a "root" account with a different password, so that I can lets know the kinds of practice to install and update without having to access to hidden system files or folders. All other Linux destroys I used (almost all at least) have a separate root account with its own password. I just don't understand the point mint that did it that way.

That's strange... there seems to be a "root" account no my LM9 (main/Gnome) system... my login screen lists 2 users and then at the bottom there is a choice "other"... when I click "other", I get to a dialogue box that asks for user name - I type "root" and then it asks for the PW and I type the root PW... I then get to a desktop that only has 2 icons on it... one is "Computer" and the other is "root's home"! I never use the root account but it is there if you are skilled (or in my case - crazy) enough to log in as root and do stuff!!!

There is a root account - every system has a root account. My point is that the suggestion for Mint and for make use of that all the time you should be able to not use any root account directly. That the entire things have been previous discuss over and over for a lot of additional ubuntu based so you need a forums in excess over a years. Like it is a security risk that is must need to handle and run a root as if not you known exactly.