Thread: Unable to save preference after sharing/permission changes in Mac OS X Lion

Unable to save preference after sharing/permission changes in Mac OS X Lion

I decided to go with a new-fangled installation of Lion in my iMac and Mac Mini and I found a strange bug. On the whole, altering the configuration sharing seems "corrupt" user preferences. This "corruption" is evidenced by non-persistent (after a reboot) say the removal of a spring element or changes what shows the Finder sidebar. If I make a change like this (or a series of changes) and restart the engine of change made since the last reboot are reverted

I found nothing on Google and could not order as to reinstall Lion and made the subsequent actions:
    • The Mac Mini - change the permissions on the "user" folder for iMac could observe.
    • The Mac Mini - screen sharing enabled.

Again, the above actions as a result of "corruption" of user preferences file on the Mac Mini.Then I tried to generate a new-fangled account and make the required permit / screen sharing changes. More specifically, I did the following on a clean installation of the Lion.

Re: Unable to save preference after sharing/permission changes in Mac OS X Lion

I have the same trouble. None of the preferences saved. If I click the box on the General tab to put out of action the windows restore, and preferences about reopening the preferences box is checked once more. If I put a paper wall restart the machine, the back wall paper wall papers the default. The whole thing detached from the new dock appears when the machine reboots. If there is an explanation that really I'm glad.

Got new-fangled matter after installing Mac OS X Lion. I was having some major troubles and MobileMe sync; nevertheless I disabled that for now to observe that it’s all going to change once icloud leaves. The issue is only happening with one user accounts through. My user account is just fine, MobileMe syncs fine and all WSAV preferences and what not, but the user account my wife does not. I deleted everything in your Preferences folder and that seemed to work a bit, however ultimately stopped working again. I estimates you have establish a bug in the new-fangled version.

I am having the same troubles, particularly since when I tried to set up sharing of files flanked by two computers on the network at home (the next generation of MacBook Air and the most recent generation of MacBook Pro). I've tried the whole thing manually to acquire to work and thought I had reason the troubles, so I was concerning to do a clean install of lion or snow leopard in the two to fix the permissions

Now I'm thinking it will be easier to wait just for an update of Leon and meanwhile just keep everything running and transfer of data from the old-fashioned physical form. Backup devices only have to wait .

No news on a potential solution to this trouble? Has anyone managed to solve the trouble? If anyone got any solution than please help me.please reply asap

I have the identical trouble. Lion will not save my preferences. Identification could save a couple of days, however today when I wanted to alter a number of settings it stopped saving.
    • Reset, although not fixed
    • Repair disk permissions, however not fixed
    • Create User Account second trouble

"If you distorted the contents of the folder / Library / Receipts, Repair Permissions characteristic will not work as predictable. Repairing permissions requires receipts for Apple installed software. In addition, Apple fix utilities merely setup application and folders.

I was having the same troubles. As discussed in the link above I used the program the Batch Mode to reset the permissions on my home folder and seems to resolve trouble. Saving System Preferences and MobileMe at the moment functioning one more time.

I Batch Mode to select the Startup folder, and then set Owner: As my username RWX, Group: as 'personal' with RWX and all others: they do not have access. Verify the "Changing ownership and privileges," ACL options clear and "Unlock". Also check the "be valid to enclosed files and folders' alternative. It was super fast so you do not" imagine he was doing nothing - although after restarting everything was functioning fine!

Create a new user account. Make sure you have a desirable name, otherwise you'll want to change later, and will cause permissions troubles. (Check if preferences are saving time in this new-fangled account, otherwise I cannot help.)Transfer all the files you desire to keep them in the shared folder.

Modify the permissions to the folders and files in the shared folder by right clicking and clicking on obtain Info. Then go to the bottom of the popup menu and unlock the lock image. The next change permissions for your new-fangled account have permission to sight the files. You might necessitate adding your account back to the list by clicking on the button, or simply allow the staff to read and right, or just that everybody reads and right. Then click on the menu of equipment (the one with the little computer in it. ) And click Apply to enclosed items.Go to your new-fangled account and take it to the shared folder and place them where he had in his mind more.

This trouble was driving me crazy too. In four years with hackintosh with Tiger, Leopard and Snow Leopard had by no means experienced a breakdown as big as this with my Mac Mini (mid 2011). It was totally crazy!. I used this command in the terminal (in OS, i haven’t used any type of DVD or restore partition).

No necessitate to do a clean installation or other complicated things. This worked for me:
    Code:
    Open Terminal 
    Enter "chmod-RN / Library / Preferences" 
    Press Enter.
    Repairing permissions does not seem to work for home folders