Thread: Need help with Apple Remote Desktop, VNC and screen sharing in Mac OS X Lion

Need help with Apple Remote Desktop, VNC and screen sharing in Mac OS X Lion

Turning things from time to time is not a explanation. This is an answer. Sorry to be unenthusiastic. My trouble is similar to the screen sharing box is not checked. Even though remote management is turned off. If you run a multiuser machine, this is an immense characteristic. For most people, it's annoying to go twice. By setting up screen sharing and applications to use Mac OS X authentication, to prevent this nuisance. If you want to access multi-user two reasons, simply do not install / save the password, or save the password for the account to log on.

Re: Need help with Apple Remote Desktop, VNC and screen sharing in Mac OS X Lion

It seems that Windows share VNC is still flakey after doing this. Often freezes the login screen after a few seconds. Here are some options: Enter your password quickly. If you will be able to write before it freezes, you can access. This might take several attempts. Once you enter, it should work fine.

Kick start to the new-fangled server. This seems to alleviate the difficulty; nevertheless it seems to be back in a short period of time. You be able to attempt to SSH into the server and kick start matter commands through the command line and then attempt to VNC.

Re: Need help with Apple Remote Desktop, VNC and screen sharing in Mac OS X Lion

I spent the last 2 days playing with everything related to ARD to get it working again feasted on my two systems. Numerous reboots, add users, delete users, firewall on / off.I did what you suggested and turned the whole thing off, so now everything works once more! Thank you. Nevertheless why will not restart kick start do the same thing no? The services are shut down and restarted right?

I'm not sure why restarting does not work. The kick start may have something to do with Remote Apple Events (I felt I had to turn on and off as well), or it could be that the interruption of service through configuration does something different than just stop for a stop. Either way, I'm glad to hear it's working.

I know that some users are having problems with VNC on Windows clients, but for others, I think this will solve your troubles.

There are clearly some food VNC implementation issues in this trouble. Remote Desktop (the application) is working fine for me, nevertheless SSH on the iPad and VNC on my Mac do not. I followed your commands as I could. In a system without a head cannot turn the three things at once, nevertheless I used to shut down and reboot kick start ARD, whereas with SSH merely.

You be able to still only acquire to your home display gray and partial text SSH type. VNC grabbed the free version works well, probably for the reason that it is the record straight on the waiting time before. I actually do not want to buy another application for this .I hope things are attached to the application vendors quickly.

So this means that it is able to use OS X Lion Screen Sharing to access my quad core in my old XP box with Real VNC Free Edition, unless you pay out money as a. Windows VNC server, which supports the most recent ARD, or b. An application of Lion good support plain old no-auth-VNC connection required?

VNCing in a box of XP from a picture of Lion's fine. No troubles there. I use the built in screen sharing to do this.

It is if you VNC from a picture of a lion XP box which is a trouble and needs to give a boost to get a new Windows VNC client, lowers ARD, or install another VNC server in Lion.

In Ubuntu 10.10 machine to test the function of ssh and was capable to successfully access the machines. on the other hand, it was the case when I used my Mac so I started Snow Leopard machine boot with the secondary drive that has Leopard 10.6.7.

So in my case, it appears that there may be something incorrect with Snow Leopard 10.6.8 not allow the function. For now I will keep in 10.6.7 until an explanation. Another alternative is to upgrade the system to Lion and see what kind of results I acquire. For now I cannot for the reason that the user is not interested in Lion.

Basically, the only problem I had to go to Lion would be approved by the growing participation in sharing the machine. This seemed ridiculous to me - or at least should be a answer. When I attempt to do it manually by accessing the application in Core Services, I obtain an mistake if I attempt to make use of my IP or server name. Please make certain that the shared display is enabled on the computer. "

Unfortunately, this does not seem to crack the troubles related to VNC in a mixed environment (ie Windows, Linux). Still having intermittent troubles despite this and other solution like. with any luck Apple conducts a review as it is a painful sensation for those servers running headless.

Turning things from time to time is not a answer. This is a solution. Sorry to be negative. My trouble is similar to the display sharing box is not checked. even though remote management is turned off.