Thread: Real time kernel for audio in Linux Mint

Real time kernel for audio in Linux Mint

I'm brand new to Mint following Ubuntu Studio update to 11.04 installed Gnome 3, didn't enjoy it to any detectable degree, not Unity nor Classic without impacts, uprooting Unity was no help either; so now I switch, never looking at Real time kernel back for Audio; now I've looked the network and just found a few references to this subject but none noting the inquiry: Does Mint have a Real Time Kernel?

Re: Real time kernel for audio in Linux Mint

Same with me as I try not to see linux-rt, and I know you cannot install Ubuntu Studio in Mint. I am unsure how jackd back for true blue-time audio works without a kernel that backing it. I'm just for a Mint Studio form, but the closest I have caught said was a Media Version; but what I am searching for is simply a Real Time Kernel; I am able to patch whatever product I need; though Ubuntu Studio introduces the majority of the programming I require and a Real Time Kernel.

1. -Ubuntu real time kernel-good to go for instate via Synaptic Package Manager.
    2. -Ubuntu Studio, desktop, applications, and so on. - available for install via Synaptic Package Manager.
    3. -jackd-ready for install via Synaptic Package Manager.

The command line I utilize to update Ubuntu to Ubuntu Studio

Code:
    sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install ubuntustudio-desktop 
    ubuntustudio-audio ubuntustudio-audio-plugins ubuntustudio-graphics 
    ubuntustudio-video
    I have had no situation install all but ubuntustudio-desktop, which instates every last trace of the topics and menus; this is the singled out case that will hose the system, which is fine, I have records went down; but doesn't help install the rt kernel. Spared me the time to rephrase the inquiry so its clear. This doesn't spot the files in the Repos:

Code:
    sudo apt-get install linux-rt linux-headers-rt

• -Real time or low latency, after there are diverse grasping about what real time indicates for Scientific and exact technique where timing is basic, hard veritable time systems are suitable, generally a low latency kernel might as well be sufficient
    • -Hard real -time vs. soft real-time systems. A working system that can uphold the wanted deadlines of the Real-time tasks (even under most detrimental possibility preparing stacks) is called a hard Real-time system. Anyhow hard real-time back isn't vital in all cases. In the event that a managing system can back the deadlines on middle, its called a soft real -time system.
    • - The fact that Mint version you feel the need to utilize is dependent upon Ubuntu's libraries, part decisions and desktop you ought to unequivocally have the ability to get the Ubuntu forms, see the connection above to identify the name to get. Then either utilize a root record and assemble or attempt the binary version(s) provided that it is closes enough to what you feel the need to utilize.

There is no Real-time kernel for any fresher form of Ubuntu, 10.10 or 11.04; so it looks like I'll need to look a 64studio or some alternate distro of Linux for a real-time bit. This appears to be because of the individual chipping away at the realtime kernel is finalizing the most up to date kernel discharge and skipped the variants that Ubuntu is as of now going with; so in time it could be ready. For now I like Mint a cut above Ubuntu; but with no RT bit, its a unsettled issue for me.

When I sort "linux-rt" in the Synaptic quicksearch box, I get the Meta bundle record of the same name, this is what you check for installment. You could in addition would like to institute startup-chief, so you would be able to set the rt kernel to be at the top (default) of the grub boot record. ps: I didn't train you to introduce the desktop, actually sharp out to you that they are in Synaptic.

I'm running Mint 10 x64 and Ubuntu Studio 11.04 x64 (a few contrasting machines and as a double boot), I make a point not to see linux-rt in there, and I checked to see at what time it was taken out of the repos and it appears prefer 10.04; you should be running a more seasoned form or have repos incorporated that have this backing; do you have it installed and working? Since so what repos is it true that it is in?

Mint 9 (Lucid) is hopefully darn strong. I'm running the 38.8 generic clear kernels, and just ought to tweak my audio software to get acceptable LL.

I concur, I'm determined to backtrack to Ubuntu Studio 10.04 Lucid x64; it holds the Real Time Kernel, it worked excellent, make a point not to know why I ever updated, now and then its finest not to; I will still keep a multi-boot with Mint and Ubuntu 11.04 unequivocally for testing. Now I could probably test it with the linux-lowlatency parts