Thread: Why Linux mint 11 needs 5 minutes to boot?

Why Linux mint 11 needs 5 minutes to boot?

Hi, i am having a system with the configuration i have mentioned below,

AMD X6 1090T – processor

16 GB DDR3-1333 - RAM

ATI-4890 Vapory-X 1 GB – Graphic card

WD 500GB Caviar Green - SATA 2 - HDD

ASUS Crosshair IV Formula – motherboard

But with such a good configuration (HOPEFULLY) i am having problem loading the operating system i have installed as it takes almost 5 minutes to load this newer mint OS. So is there anybody over here having same problem with this OS or i am the only victim? Any sort of suggestion for resolving this would be appreciated.

Re: Why Linux mint 11 needs 5 minutes to boot?

I hope you must be talking about the installation time otherwise i don’t think there could be some problem with the OS you have installed. Because see when we install the system for the once at that time it takes such huge time to boot but after fair installation everything works perfectly.

But the main thing over here is like i am not getting whether you are having this problem at the time of installation or after installation you are such time? It would be better to assist you if you simply make yourself clear and then post it again over here. Along with this you should make sure whether the drive is running at the fastest transfer mode possible or not, you should ensure whether the BIOS settings that you have made is also done perfectly.

Have you installed any highly textured environment in your machine with the linux mint 11, because they used to takes time to load the OS.

I hope you must be talking about the installation time otherwise i don’t think there could be some problem with the OS you have installed. Because see when we install the system for the once at that time it takes such huge time to boot but after fair installation everything works perfectly.

But the main thing over here is like i am not getting whether you are having this problem at the time of installation or after installation you are such time? It would be better to assist you if you simply make yourself clear and then post it again over here. Along with this you should make sure whether the drive is running at the fastest transfer mode possible or not, you should ensure whether the BIOS settings that you have made is also done perfectly.
    Yeah exactly i was actually quite confused actually but yeah the installation was quite quicker but after that only i am having this problem with the machine. any more suggestion left why this is happening?

have you installed any other operating system as well in your machine, because see if you have installed any other operating system as well that will surely make such problem with booting through this operating system. No doubt dual boot is a quite good option to work with multiple OS but still it is recommended to make use of only one operating system at a time in order to utilize the full potential of the machine and the operating system we have installed. So have you installed any other operating system as well, if so then surely it would be better if you remove it and then see whether you are getting the same problem or what?

it might be possible that the operating system that you have installed might not get installed properly and that’s why you have gotten problem with that.

Though I am not that sure but still I would like to recommend you that you should try to reinstall the Linux Mint again in your machine and then see what happens, because after doing that you’ll get the solution for sure if really it is because of the OS you have mentioned.