Thread: Linux mint boot is not a normal type

Linux mint boot is not a normal type

So I have presently launched a latest new linux mint that is on my PC so I just booting automatically for a while after a sometimes that it has been shut down when I got a three times a initial notice that is working unexpectedly and I release it as for myself mostly then I am fail to switch the PC off, but the previous night it booted up automatically after an hour, so I had switched if off and I saw the light of the machine is ON when I walked it past it looked into a logs and the facts was there it had been shut down and yet there is was running.

Re: Linux mint boot is not a normal type

There is some difficulty in the area and the power outages around my area in not worked for two days require to make a bios setting in my Linux OS but bios has no setting for action after a few failure and any way it is a laptop it battery is also fully charged and would be automatically take over and the main power can be failed.

Here are a number of chances that I can think off. A lot of bioses have to set and that allow you to make option what the computer does after power failure. So is there any such setting in your BIOS, and if so then what the setting? In your computer for some reason, set to power on after a power failure

Thanks a lot for your information about the Linux mint I will have to look at the bios later on. That is interesting. Perhaps you don't remember this, except do you think you were running LMDE 201108rc when you shut down?

I have never heard of those but quite a useful item Linux mint boot that I should be think about. As you say it is not have any solution though, what happen if my pc strange powers up when the mains are isolated (because it is a laptop with a battery in it) I get a flat battery as well so what is the problem

Still it is too better that it can be solve the problem of your Linux mint OS. The wifi flashing light is there should be no connection with a pc and just way that the router is broadcasts its SSID to give pc ability to connect to it. So it doesn’t means that someone is secretly connecting to the network

I used my laptop this morning (plugged in) and switched it off about 1030am. It was switched off in its bag still I switched it on again (plugged in) at 1530pm. I was surprised to find that my battery charge was low. Have to understand xircon's post above I check all the way my log files and sure enough I find it has switched itself on again at about 1330pm. I thought this problem had gone away

I checked the bios while I first started this thread (see the first post) not everything has changed ever since then. And I am unsatisfied but I am not flashing my bios when I am away from home and have no other machine to work on if it all goes wrong. I appreciate the suggestion none the less.

I have the same issue. The whole power management is a bit screw up in common on my PC (Dell Precision m4600), to be straightforward. Most of the time (but not always) if I start it up not including the AC power joined; it shows as being on AC power anyway. About half the time when I start it up when it's plugged in it detects the battery, about half the time it does not (until I disconnect the AC power, and then it notices that the battery is present). Suspend work only intermittently.

This has been a regular Linux issue still since the introduction of ACPI.Windows does not act like the ACPI standard, so PC manufacturers also don't have a cause to keep to those standards. At least Toshiba is recognized to have ACPI troubles with any other OS than Windows (though the kernel already contains many work-around for Toshiba hardware).

It could be that the power cord is terrible or there's a terrible connection someplace beside the line. Of course, if the CPU doesn't automatically turn itself off while you're using it, that have a chance for lessens dramatically. Just a thought.