Thread: Grub screen failed after new install in Linux Mint

Grub screen failed after new install in Linux Mint

So I've been utilizing Mint for a few months and Ubuntu before it for even longer, but I'm absolutely unique to double booting and I've gotten myself stuck. Confidently the key is something basic, but its absolutely escaped me! I established Katya principle on a mate's computer in the company of Windows XP yesterday utilizing the live plate (in fact a usb) without doing anything backup. The installation seemed to go fine, but a short time later I didn't get any grub screen to prefer a working framework on booting up. Not needing to leave the machine in a unfamiliar state for my associate, I set XP as the default from StartUp-Manager. However, now Windows won't spare me the time to set the Mint partition as active of the fact that it distinguishes it as a logical partition. So now I'm stuck over in Windows. Is there a course for me to switch the boot partition from the live disk?

Re: Grub screen failed after new install in Linux Mint

Reboot the PC, holding down <SHIFT> so you get the 'GRUB loading inform. While the 'out of sync' is on screen press the <PG UP> button (this might as well, confidently, take you to the first article on the GRUB catalogue). Now press <ENTER> and see provided that it boots into Mint for you. In the event that so then we would be able to attempt to location the different issues. Since doing this with <PG UP> doesn't work, and after that attempt the same thing with pressing the down shaft once alternately.

I installed Isadora Gnome 32-bit (on a clean HDD with no others holding working systems either) and GRUB was not showing even following installing Linux Kernel 3.0.0-300 quite recently. This gathering is an excellent for snippets like this. I united the #to the hidden lines and altered the determination to my LCD board's local as likewise educated. It works excellent now and I have effortless access to recuperation mode might as well the late portion miss the mark on me. The screen doesn't like affirming the 'flat-res' include from the GRUB screen.

I attempted countless a different “solution” heretofore, but nothing fixes my situation, some “solution “actually give me more inconveniences. This is make me at a distance from Linuxmint and *buntu's household (I get this situation with Mint11, K/Ubuntu 11.04, K/Ubuntu 11.10). The previous evening I Install Linux Mint again, and today suddenly I recognize this plain easy from LinuxMint.