Thread: Some step to consider before installing Linux mint

Some step to consider before installing Linux mint

I believe that you should be knows the basics installation step before you install Linux installation, we need to installed a little more cleverly than we did initially. My aim is that you should take some corrective steps for help or some suggestion from the different user you now the actual way to do the Linux installing.

Re: Some step to consider before installing Linux mint

First you need to make a partition of hard disk that should be nearer, so at the top of your partition table to the left of the gparted graphics, are quicker than the in the interior hard drive or it nearer to the partition table its if you fine with a smaller partition are faster than the larger partitions.

So when you desire to take something just select only of your choice not to be considerate anything if I am holding another hard drive that you want to swap and the requirement of the partition can be able to split into all of your drivers so make some small swap partition on all the drivers. So It will be recognizing by Linux and mix them our entire swap is much quicker whenever that you require it

Hi ….Linux journal file system like ext3 are very much superior at for maintain for read/write data integrity in some case of power failure or a few extra un expected crash or a failure. On journal files system as well represent more overhead to the kernel and get you an additional space on the hard drive for the file system structure itself. There is no benefit to use a journal file system on a partition that will hardly ever be written to. /boot is a good example of this. It is almost not at all written to, so if you use a separate /boot partition, it should be ext2 and not ext3

If you are using Linux operating system the Linux software get additional space disk than in windows from within 20GB you will have a plenty of space for the pending software installation that you will need for Linux. So you don’t need to share any of the partition. If your other sata disks are NTFS, Mint will be able to read/write them with no problem.

If you are any idea that the windows having rules. All the software is easily install in Linux and fit on 10-12 Gigs/ with spare to space. The virtual machines hold two options here. Moreover has a big /home or set your virtual set machines on a separate partition mounted in /home. I favor the second method. In your case I would have a /home of about 10 Gig. And one or more data partitions to hold all the big stuff.

The only thing so as to think that I see and would be able to change the swap partition size. A 32 bit system likes to be able to address 4 Gigs of the memory total. Actually a bit less generally you would not want the sum your physical ram plus swap to exceed 4 Gig. In your case you have 4 Gig of physical RAM already.

I thought that due to normal curiosity and the understand able lack of knowledge with Linux, most new users will smash their installs at least once in the first six months and need to reinstall. As most are aware, this leaves you in a position to lose your data or jump through lots of hoops trying to save it, if you have done a default install..

The most important part kernel expects to include a swap partition or file so you be supposed to have one even though you can't use the space in it. I would reduce the size of the swap partition to no more than 256 MB. 128MB would work just as well. Of course the 8 Gig. In swap isn't hurting anything since you can't use it anyway, but it is a bit wasteful, if you could use it elsewhere.