Thread: Unable to move windows in Linux mint

Unable to move windows in Linux mint

So I was getting trying to install an OS X theme in Mint 11 (64 bits). I go after a guide made for Mint 9, as it was the only one I could discover. In the process, and I'm not convinced what I did, I cannot move windows around. I can minimize, close and maximize, nevertheless I cannot grab the window with the mouse and drag more about him. It could have been the transform I was making for Compiz (though I can restore any changes to default settings and did not work. I enabled desktop cube, I remember that being a technical problem with the Mint 11 but I thought it been resolved.) It could be the theme that is installed at the same time, or it could be spring of Cairo. I was playing with the configuration of them all, and something just happened. At first, the top of every window of my late (no header or minimize buttons, etc.) The only way for the header again to everyone was to enable window decoration Compiz configuration. Any ideas? Not sure what other details to offer.

Re: Unable to move windows in Linux mint

Can reset the default Compiz after installation (the Terminal):

Code:
    gconftool-2 --recursive-unset /apps/compiz
    You can start gconf-editor to find other ways that you may want to reset to the values of post-installation. For example, Cairo Dock (but no way to know in order to use gconf-editor and search applications for the name of it).

The title bar of the disappearance of the windows is a known bug, in fact, you need to enable Compiz window decoration to fix that (it is enabled by default). As the default setting is not correct, you must also change the command in the window decoration in CompizConfig Settings Manager to read: / usr / bin / compiz-decorator

It was not the subject or any of its components. Desktop Cube is allowable. I did a dirt free install of Mint 11 and the theme and associated components. No troubles there. When I enabled desktop cube, I could not move windows. on the other hand, for some motive, with the clean install, I was capable to overturn the non-payment settings of Compiz and the movement back from the windows. I thinking the theme of the desktop cube is lasting?

I had the same trouble. First, it enabled the desktop cube, and disappeared the title bar (and the window controls) for all windows. I notice that the use of information from another forum. However, despite the title bar and controls were back, I could not drag windows. I saw some very extreme corrections in this and other forums. But strangely, he replied "Move window" in the Compiz Manager, and everything returned to standard, even with the desktop cube enable. This might be too easy for your situation, nevertheless it worked for me.

I had the same issue, but after enabling the "move window" setting and it worked for me

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond! View Post
    So I was getting trying to install an OS X theme in Mint 11 (64 bits). I go after a guide made for Mint 9, as it was the only one I could discover. In the process, and I'ffer.
    Install the compiz settings manager.
    choose preferences --> choose 'backend' --> gsetting
    should work instantly. if not reset to default. logout/login