Thread: Unable to use Reveal Service in Mac OS X Lion

Unable to use Reveal Service in Mac OS X Lion

Since upgrading to 10.7.2 I cannot observe the path to a file, hold down the command key and holding my mouse over the icon small example, at the top of a PDF for example. Now the message "The" Reveal "service could not be used."I reloaded 10.7.2 combo update and applied it made my drive is fine and my permissions are ongoing.

This is an extremely significant feature for me to rapidly access the scanned items and rename them. A search on Google and the look for for the Community Apple has not appeared anything. Suggestions? Ideas? Give pleasure to help!

Re: Unable to use Reveal Service in Mac OS X Lion

Try clicking the script file name in the title bar of the file.

For folders of the elements you see in the Finder, go to the View menu and select "Show Path Bar". This will add a small area at the bottom of a Finder window, clicking an item in the window, the road which will be revealed.

Is first suggestion is what does not work for me. When I click on the title bar of the mistake "The" Reveal "service could not be used." File window. Any other thoughts to make this work once more?

From its initial description sounded like it was passing the cursor instead of clicking.

Try this - go to System Preferences> Keyboard> Keyboard Shortcuts. Click Services in the list in the left pane, scroll down the right pane of the files and folders section. In this section, make sure the theme "Reveal" is checked.

That was an extremely interesting thought, for the reason that I knew it was an option in the keyboard preferences. However, do not fix the trouble. "Reveal" and observe the work, also tried to uncheck and check it on again, and pressing the Restore Defaults button too. I still get the error "The" Reveal "service could not be used."

You imagine I have to replace the "Reveal service" from an additional machine or disk image of the Lion? I actually appreciate the help you are giving me.

Right-clicking on the name in the title bar, or Control-click on it, must produce the same output of commands by clicking on it. You can try two of them. I was afraid of the "Reveal" element which is controlled services would not be the cause - when I tried disabling that item, it had no effect on the functioning of the action properly.

Cannot think of anything else, though - as far as I know, which is the only access to the normal configuration of services. Another thing to endeavor. Hold down the Option key and open the Go menu (in Finder). Select Library from the list. In the folder window that opens, locate and open the Preferences folder. In that folder, locate the file named.com.apple.ServicesMenu.Services.plist.shift that file to the desktop. Then reboot. Give it a attempt once more.

I also found "com.apple.ServicesMenu.Services.plist.lockfile" but did not touch it. Is it something that should happen?

It occurred to me that I should try to "Reveal" on the other user account on the computer and it works as it should. Any other ideas? Thanks for hanging in there with me on this elusive problem. It reminds me of the days of old OS X extension

I do not think "com.apple.ServicesMenu.Services.plist.lockfile" should be eliminated. From another account it behaves properly, there's something different account from which you are having problems. This could be a plug-in, an enhancer of graphical user interface, which can affect the interface between the operating system and user.

It is quite possible that the data in the message is a kind of smoke screen - there's a problem, but the operating system does not have a specific error message pre-made to address it, so use a form that could be by. Not sure where to go from here.

I cannot think of any GUI plug-ins or enhancers. Despite having Growl, - but looking at my system preferences I see a number of third preferences and never use uninstall to see if they affect service Reveal.

What do you think about cleaning caches? If you think I should do this you have any suggestions for a good cache cleaner and caches it to be clean?

I've seen Mac OS X recommended for cache cleaning, among further possessions. I do have only Mac OS X installed, but haven't used it for that myself.

The Sassafras is a software license key solution that uses a key piece of software that we used here (MacVector) at least 10 years. That has not been a problem in this way. Sophos software is required to connect to our network of the University. I realize that this type of software can cause problems, there has been a problem in the past - Virex was more of a trouble. Our IT departments are aware of all the Mac / arguments viruses, but not argue.