Thread: Driver activated but not in use after installing Linux Mint 11

Driver activated but not in use after installing Linux Mint 11

This message appears to me when I recently installed Linux mint 11 in my system, so what I am saying is that few days ago I upgraded my video card with Nvidia GT 430 at that time I was having Mint 11. So following the instructions from the Nvidia I installed some driers for that OS, now having changed to mint 11 I downloaded the appropriate drivers for that accordingly and now the performance has considerably reduced. On checking with the hardware’s of the system it is saying to me that the drivers are activated but not in use. So I did not understand that driver is activated but not in use what do we mean by that I need your help about the same, so do reply accordingly on the same. Waiting for the response from your side.

Re: Driver activated but not in use after installing Linux Mint 11

Ok the same problem was in existence when the linux mint 11 was freshly released now it has been quite old and now even the mint 12 has come up, so I think the few bugs that were prevalent with the mint 11 might have got fixed till now. I am surprised to find that mint 11 hasn’t got any fix yet, anyways what I would say is that uninstall the drivers of the video card and then install it gain and see if the issue gets fixed up or not. I am sure that it will get fixed up soon, so that’s what I want to say here. hope that was informative for you, that’s it from my side for you. Do let me know if the particular solution did work for you or not.

As far as I know if it is saying that it is working absolutely fine then no need to worry about the same it is a normal bug that seems to have been appearing up and hence this issue. So what I would say that if you want then get with the Mint 12 the latest version of Linux mint otherwise stick to the current version.

Have you installed it via the “Additional Driver” notification? I would advise you to go with the installation of the drivers via the “Additional Driver” notification. So when you get the additional drivers screen all you have to be doing is that when you get to see the green light and besides there it is written that “The drivers is activated but not currently in use”. There is a remove button on side to it click on that. Now click on install and then reboot your system, this thing works for the Nvidia drivers and I am sure that it will work for you as well, so do let me know if that was of any use for you or not. So that’s what I want to say here. hope it was of good use for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitel View Post
    Have you installed it via the “Additional Driver” notification? I would advise you to go with the installation of the drivers via the “Additional Driver” notification. So when you get the additional drivers screen all you have to be doing is that when you get to see the green light and besides there it is written that “The drivers is activated but not currently in use”. There is a remove button on side to it click on that. Now click on install and then reboot your system, this thing works for the Nvidia drivers and I am sure that it will work for you as well, so do let me know if that was of any use for you or not. So that’s what I want to say here. hope it was of good use for you.
    Ok thanks for recommending that solution for me I am sure that it will work with me as well I will revert back to you guys if this works for me, so that’s what I am saying here. that’s it from my side for you.