Thread: How to reinstall Mac OS X Lion

How to reinstall Mac OS X Lion

I just installed the lion, nevertheless I had some troubles. The thing is that I had a lot of applications in folders in the Applications folder. And those who are in the folders still there. Even though I have new. For instance there are now two iCal, Safari, Mail, App Store and so on. I am capable to eliminate some dragging to the trash; nevertheless not all of them disappear when emptying. So I reinstall it on Lion for all duplicities disappear. So how to reinstall?

Re: How to reinstall Mac OS X Lion

Quote Originally Posted by Parnell View Post
    I just installed the lion, nevertheless I had some troubles. The thing is that I had a lot of applications in folders in the Applications folder. And those who are in the folders still there. Even though I have new. For instance there are now two iCal, Safari, Mail, App Store and so on. I am capable to eliminate some dragging to the trash; nevertheless not all of them disappear when emptying. So I reinstall it on Lion for all duplicities disappear. So how to reinstall?
    Restart your computer while pressing 'alt'. This is how we do a clean installation of a Mac OS X lion

In fact, restart and hold "Command + R". This starts the computer to the recovery partition. Follow the installation instructions.

Note that if you choose to erase and install, everything will be gone from the partition that is installed on. In addition, you must have an Internet connection to reinstall.

Backup Lion Bootable 10.7 Disks
    Lion Purchase and download from the App Store on any Mac-compatible lion Mac running Snow Leopard.
    1. Click "Mac OS X Lion" installer and choose "Show Package Contents."
    2. Within the Contents folder that appears Shared Support is a folder inside the folder and Shared Support is the "InstallESD.dmg." This is the boot disk image Lion we've all been waiting for.
    3. Copy "InstallESD.dmg" to another folder, such as the desktop.
    4. Launch Disk Utility and click the Record button.
    5. Choose the copy "InstallESD.dmg" as the image to burn, insert a standard size of 4.7 GB DVD, and wait for your new boot disk out of Lion hot toast.

With this disc you can boot any Mac well matched Lion, and like install 10.7 have setup the previous version of Mac OS X. will be capable to even Make use of disk utility reinstate option to the image of your boot disc image Lion in an external disk appropriate for performing a fresh an optical drive install on less MacBook Air, Mac mini or a server? New install with the Mac OS X lion's simple once you locate where Apple has concealed the boot disk.

OK, how I be able to locate "Mac OS X Lion" installer? I purchased using the App Store, I have on my iMac, nevertheless cannot discover the installer anywhere? Where is it supposed to be? My utilities, the Applications folder? Or is hidden?

Quote Originally Posted by pasture View Post
    OK, how I be able to locate "Mac OS X Lion" installer? I purchased using the App Store, I have on my iMac, nevertheless cannot discover the installer anywhere? Where is it supposed to be? My utilities, the Applications folder? Or is hidden?
    Is assumed to be where downloads are going. By default it will be the "Downloads" folder unless you have chosen another destination, as the desktop. (Or, the browser you are using) Safari preferences confirm this for you.

Reboot the system by holding the option (or "alt") and select the "recovery of HD", the boot volume. You can also do this by booting while holding the "Command" key and "R".

When started, choose the option to install OS X (the first option) and go behind the onscreen commands.

As far as I know, that "disappears" after the current installation, when you download and before you click install, you should be capable to locate in the Applications folder, unless you saved the installation package is likely to be passed.

That's right, not be moved Apple applications or put them in folders, you may not be updated or replaced appropriately if OS X is predictable to locate them. (A number of applications act likewise.)

If some are not empty, while emptying the trash, hold down the Option key while emptying. If you reinstall, same thing will happen.

Could enter the Lion Re-install the utility and asked Internet connection. I connected the Ethernet cable ad directed by the utility, but could not connect to the Internet. Actually, my cable internet connection requires a password to connect, but the reinstall utility did not like the password and I failed. However, for the password, etc. Wi-Fi.