Thread: How to fix Dashcode in Mac OS X Lion

How to fix Dashcode in Mac OS X Lion

Has anyone else experienced crashing Dashcode in Mac OS X Lion and if so, have you established a clarification? Anyone who can help me to overcome this issue.

Re: How to fix Dashcode in Mac OS X Lion

Yes, I'm having the same trouble. I think it's because you have to update the Xcode developer tools on the Mac App Store and once you install Lion. I'm downloading Xcode 4.1 on the instant and let you be acquainted with what happens.

Your right is a large file, but I just got to download and install. Dashcode threw me the first time and crashed while attempting to open one of my projects (probably because I clicked restore the previous windows), but when I started again it worked fine. I hope it works the same for you.

I upgraded to Mac OS X Lion and also installed new development tools. Unfortunately, the problem persists with Dashcode beach balls after startup.

I checked the disk permissions (all fixed, but no difference in Dashcode does not respond). I re-installed the development tools (still not fixed).The only thing I have done here is make a clean uninstall of development tools

I wanted to do a clean uninstall devtools package to make sure there is nothing that could be interfering with the execution of Dashcode. I ran the following command after the end, I performed a system reboot.
    Code:
    sudo / Developer / Library / uninstall-devtools  so all
    This does not solve the trouble. I have yet Dashcode "not responding" when I'm trying to run the program. Any other ideas?

I went to the Mac App Store and click to install Xcode 4.1. After a long time it was said, and now reads "installed". Nevertheless when I go to my development folder from the old version still shows Xcode (4.0.2). When you at the present launch, error that the wants of Snow Leopard.

I used the 'option' + 'command' and held down to start the iPhoto application. The options chosen reconstruction:
    • Retrieve the space.
    • The small thumbnails
    • Examine and repair file permissions

Totally work for me. Re-build things iPhoto (I chose it) and launched Dashcode without troubles. Note: My Xcode is a new-fangled installation (4.1) of developer.apple.com

I tried all the above and it did not work, nevertheless what work was how I was going to launch Dashcode. If you are one of those users that throw all through Spotlight like me, be careful. I was writing Dashcode in focus and press the Enter key.

I paid more attention to that and realized that Apple had marked my old Dashcode as "Dashcode - Old" I needed that. I selected the Dashcode not have the word "old" and after everything that went on well. Also clean my iPhoto at the same time so it may have been a combination of paying attention to that made things work.

What happens is that sometimes you be able to open a Dashcode project damaged - damaged in the sense that you be able to visually perceive that the buttons are not shown in the project; nevertheless if you then open a second project - it works for a while - nevertheless blocks at random.

In another machine, which is a machine of Snow Leopard, the projects still open, and no corruption or other problems at all? I'm not in 4.1 - 4.2 of Xcode I am, but - I'm not sure that has something to do with Dashcode, which has not been updated for a while and still 3.02 of Dashcode.

I tried all the suggestions. I rebuilt the iPhoto library that you reinstall the development tools that my iPhoto library name and nothing worked. What work was moving the iPhoto Library folder of images. Not the best solution but it works for me.