Thread: Unable to install Mac OS X Lion due to improper file Permission

Unable to install Mac OS X Lion due to improper file Permission

I have a lot of troubles installing Mac Lion. If I know that will cost time and effort this time, Lion was never updated. I decided to advance to the Lions for the cause that some Apple software wants to Lion. The first time I made the association installation on a VPN. This locks me during installation. In the end, the installation is done, however, leaves me my original account is not usable.

Later, I re-installed several times with Lion CMD-R option. Get rid some of the troubles, nevertheless does not guarantee truth. First, you must provide username and password delete any file. Later was complaining that I cannot access some files on the Library. I am not able to open and save my files. I tried a number of other options; for example, delete my CCOUNT and Migration Assistant use Time Machine to recover. None of them seems to solve all troubles. Is there a solution to get rid of these troubles?

Due to these new troubles with the installation of Lion, I suggest to all users be cautious when upgrading to Lion. It's actually a mess incredible with this so far for me.

Re: Unable to install Mac OS X Lion due to improper file Permission

We will attempt to fix the permissions on the startup folder .Launch / Applications / Utilities / Terminal.app The quick copy and paste this command.sudo chown-R `id-a '/ Users / your name. (Put back “yourname” with the short name of the startup folder) press enters. You will be prompted to enter your password, it will be imperceptible.

I tried this. It works for most files. A series of files gives a respond "permission is not permitted."Here are some other problems: with an application, I get the message: "Please make sure you have write access to files in the / Library folder." How to fix your?

There were several in the "Dock" that cannot be used after the upgrade. I tried to get away. Every time to login again, these remains topic in the "Dock”. The team sometimes just hangs there for a very long time that shows a "busy" sign.

You must have access to all files in the Startup folder. If not in the startup folder then the "permissions are not allowed" message is likely to behave as expected.

Run repair disk permissions. Launch Disk Utility> First Aid> select Macintosh HD in the sidebar and Repair Permissions. Hanging and rolling ball could be indicative of many things .over entire hard drive, sufficient RAM.

1. Turn on Mac, while holding down cmd + S.
    2. Once the text has finished scrolling, press Enter and you will observe root.
    3. Type mount-uw / and press Enter.
    4. Type the following (case sensitive), pressing Enter after each line.
      Code:
      Replace "username" with the name of his house folder.chmod-RN / Users / user
      Chown-R username: staff / Users / username
      Chmod-R 600 / Users / user
    5. Reboot

This looks like the answer you necessitate, such as keeping security settings reset back to the previous setting However, I am running File Vault 2 so my disk is totally encrypted. This is preventing the password reset utility to scrutinize my record, and observably then show for myself. Can you unlock an encrypted volume in the Terminal? - How could I run this command followed by the password reset command.

No I have to log in as root to fix those permissions? Is it secure to run the "Reset permissions and ACL Directory" in the "System Administrator (root)" account?

This can be used to help with programs crashing or correcting some mistake in your applications:
    1. Go to the Applications folder.
    2. Go to the Utilities folder.
    3. Open Disk Utility.
    4. Click on the main hard drive, then click Repair Disk Permissions.

The "reset permissions and ACLs Directory" great works to reset the permissions on user folders (but not the folder "shared").My problem is broader. If "information" of the entire volume, where "system" should be. I also illustrate "attractive" not for many subfolders in the user's home directory, such as applications, the library, the system folders shared and public services. The use of "repair disk permissions" is not helpful at all.

I tried the simple way - a clean install of Lion migration wizard is used to transfer files and applications. The permissions were fine until I moved the files and applications, and those things again.

Providentially, so far no genuine trouble with the make use of things as they are, so I'm kind of waiting for Apple to reach an explanation.

I tried using CMD-R to go into utility hard disk repair and permission repair. Reset Password also attempt as suggested in Restoring home folder permissions.

It does not resolve the trouble. I believe that the files are locked during the installation process and the installation does not open late due to a number of reasons.