Thread: Need help with clean installation of MAC OS X Lion

Need help with clean installation of MAC OS X Lion

I have a late 2008 15 "MacBook Pro you have installed Lion, which was updated in Snow Leopard. I heard you carry out a clean installation can refresh the system and is normally a superior thing to do. When I downloaded Mac Lion of the application shop made a boot disk, for the reason that I heard it's good to have just in case. I've also been a backup hard disk Time Machine external. So I was thinking of doing a clean install, but I wanted to be sure some things and to obtain their opinion on whether it is really a good idea or a waste of time.

I would like to format my hard drive and then restart and hold down the option key, choose to boot from the disk and clean installation. Once the use Migration Assistant to move data from my external hard drive with Time Machine backups and should be all done and dusted. I know you probably have something wrong somewhere and that even had the idea all wrong about it. I would appreciate any help and advice, thanks

Re: Need help with clean installation of MAC OS X Lion

HD boot in recovery: Reboot the computer and after the bell press and hold Command-R until the menu screen. Moreover, restart your computer and after the chime press and hold down the Option key until the bootloader screen appears. Select the hard drive recovery and click the arrow button down.

1. Select Disk Utility commencing the main menu and tick the carry on button.
    2. After DU loads choose your hard drive (this is the entry with the mfgr. 'S ID and size) of the left side list. Make a note of the SMART status of the unit in the status area of depleted uranium. If it says "Verified", the disk is failing or has unsuccessful and desires to be replace. SMART information is not reported on external drives. or else, click the remove tab in DU main window.
    3. Set the format type to Mac OS Extended (Journeyed.) Click the Delete button and wait until the process is complete.
    4. Quit DU and return to the main menu.

You be able to also download the installer once more from Lion by the opening of the App Store. Hold down the Option key and click on the shopping icon in the toolbar. You should now observe an active Install button to the right of purchase accounting for the lion.

There are situation where this will not work. For instance, if you are by now started on the Lion bought with your Apple ID or if an example of the installation of Lion is situated wherever on your computer.

So I tried it, and when I am about to format and erase the hard drive I have a popup saying delete failed disk after you click the delete button. Tried this 2 or 3 times and still no luck. SMART status says verified the bottom so it must mean the hard drive still works as it should and we assume.

In that case, attempt the following:
    1. After DU loads select your hard drive (this is the entry with the mfgr. 'S ID and size) of the left side list. Click the partition tab in the DU main window.
    2. Under the heading Volume Scheme regulate the number of partitions from the drop down to one. Click the option button, set the GUID partition scheme then tick the OK button. Set the format type to Mac OS Extended (Journeyed.) Click the Partition button and wait in anticipation of the process is absolute.

You happen to have a rough idea of how long it can take to do all this you do, just so I can know if it might be better to try it. I mean clean install after transferring my data is about 100 GB.

Depending on the speed of the units involved and the method of transfer 100 GB connection may take 2 to 4 hours.

Reinstalling Internet Lion through recovery depends on the speed of your Internet connection making it more difficult to estimate. I'd say about 2 hours to download and install Lion.

It will not let you cast, so you will have to attempt to erase the volume of Lion. I guess the boot volume is named "Macintosh HD". After booting from the recovery disk and open Disk Utility, choose "Macintosh HD" from the list in the sidebar

OK. It will not let you cast, so you will have to attempt to erase the volume of Lion. I guess the boot volume is named "Macintosh HD". After booting from the recovery disk and open Disk Utility, select "Macintosh HD" from the list in the sidebar

On my system the boot volume is called "Lion SSD." Then click the First Aid tab in the DU main window and click the Repair Disk button. Wait until the process is whole (if it works.) Then click on the Erase tab in DU main window. Place the format type to Mac OS Extended, Journaled and click the remove button.

I imagine I'll have to make a trip to the Apple store for the reason that I attempt to repair the disk, but same thing happens. Stupidity is, however, does not require cleaning Lion install for any reason is merely that I thought I would revive my system once more.

I imagine you may be precise. I do not be acquainted with why you are having a trouble, nevertheless would have to guess that there is a trouble with the configuration of the unit. Almost certainly a full cast and format to fix things, then a fresh install of OS X.