Thread: How to install Windows XP on Toshiba Satellite L555D-S7930 with installed Windows 7

How to install Windows XP on Toshiba Satellite L555D-S7930 with installed Windows 7

I had buy Toshiba Satellite L555D-S7930 laptop in last month and there is latest Windows 7 OS already installed on it. Now I want to try to install windows XP with this windows 7. Can anybody help me to do this task? If any person already performs this task, then please share your valuable response over it. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to install Windows XP on Toshiba Satellite L555D-S7930 with installed Windows 7

While it is technically possible to install XP on that system previously installed windows 7 laptop. Most of the user has experience about it. You can do this task using installation CD. at the time installation we need to avoid formatting option. Then also we need to choose proper drive that has not contain any OS setup files. After doing this task, all the remaining option has to be almost same for this dual OS installation on same laptop system. This is best for your laptop system.

Re: How to install Windows XP on Toshiba Satellite L555D-S7930 with installed Windows 7

I try this process and i get success. There are lot of computer service dealer also knows this task. Hence I would suggest to you that use such expert advice and check what response arrives onto your laptop system. This dual boot is not the hard task. You need to try this process and check what result arrives onto it.

For more information you need to contact the official site of the Toshiba. You can also do this dual boot task with the help of the Microsoft windows official site. They are providing step by step guidance that works well onto this laptop system. Hence I would think this will be suitable for you to take proper read more information about this dual boot task and I am sure there is not any compatibility problem arrives on this laptop.

angry Re: How to install Windows XP on Toshiba Satellite L555D-S7930 with installed Windows 7

Hi
    Can anyone got any solution for this as i m also facing this problem with my Lenovo Z570. When I tried to install XP (with windows 7 already installed in it) after loading all setup files it showing some STOP error message with blue screen. NO further action is possible no partition choice or drive showing. Pls help me

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by magestic View Post
    Hi
    Can anyone got any solution for this as i m also facing this problem with my Lenovo Z570. When I tried to install XP (with windows 7 already installed in it) after loading all setup files it showing some STOP error message with blue screen. NO further action is possible no partition choice or drive showing.
    Can you please describe what is the blue screen error message you are getting? In any case, even if you install windows xp on Lenovo Z570, then you won't be able to use intel HD graphics support for HD video playback under XP as intel drivers support this feature only on vista & windows 7. When running XP HD videos will be decoded purely by processor without any use of intel HD graphics.

Well the error was STOP 1X0000007B error and in description it was mentioned that some virus or change of hardware.
    After that I formatted my hard disk using windows 7 bootable disk and than tried to install windows XP but the result was same. lastly i installed windows 7 for checking it here. any suggestion?

and as u said that i will not be able to use intel graphic card, but my laptop also having NVIDEA Geforce 520M 1GB graphic card. will I be able to use that? If not than I will not go for XP.
    Thanks

Magestic,

Can you try to press F2 or del key to enter the BIOS at the time of starting up laptop, after that expand the "Drives" section and go to "SATA Operation". Just change this from "RAID AHCI" to "RAID ATA". Exit BIOS saving changes and then try installing the windows xp on your laptop and see if it works or not.

ThumbsUp Re: How to install Windows XP on Toshiba Satellite L555D-S7930 with installed Windows 7

Quote Originally Posted by janos™ View Post
    Magestic,

Can you try to press F2 or del key to enter the BIOS at the time of starting up laptop, after that expand the "Drives" section and go to "SATA Operation". Just change this from "RAID AHCI" to "RAID ATA". Exit BIOS saving changes and then try installing the windows xp on your laptop and see if it works or not.

Thanks Bro Its really worked for me
    First I updated my BIOS then I formatted by Hard disk and after that in BIOS, from Configuration option I changed SATA setting from AHCI to COMPATIBLY mode. after that I installed XP with SP3 without any problem!!!!! After that I installed Windows 7 Ultimate in other partition (other than in which XP installed). After that when I restart again and what I found that there r two option for OS. 1 is earlier version of windows and 2 is windows 7. thank U guys.
    But the other problem I faced after that is I m not able to use my graphic card in windows XP. It is just reverse what Nitesh Mehata says in earlier post. Lenovo is providing drivers for onboard graphic for windows XP for Lenovo Z570 but not for NVIDIA GT 520M. I also checked NVIDIA website but there also no drivers for 520M for XP. any further suggestion?

Thanks