Thread: How to restore menu bar in Mac OS X Lion?

How to restore menu bar in Mac OS X Lion?

Therefore, no menu bar appears after installing 10.7. Spotlite only shown, but does not work, it shows "waiting" when the mouse over. Repairing permissions does not help. Any ideas? The trouble is that I have internet access from the airport icon does not come into view, and when trying to entrée from side to side the system preferences, it freezes. So the upgrade to 7.1 is not an option.

Re: How to restore menu bar in Mac OS X Lion?

Open terminal and paste the command
    Code:
    killall SystemUIServer

No, that's the first thing I tried, but nothing happens. He even copied the Leopard, but to no avail. Googling After a while, he got an idea that Dropbox icon this error occurs because there are many issues in Lion Drop box. In trying to rebuild. Plist after removal of Dropbox.

You be able to discharge troubles by logging into the guest account to see if the difficulty persists

Or Safe Boot mode restart to see if there is third party plug-in / extension issue

I have the same difficulty, struggling for the past week. I talked to an Apple Genius and told me to reinstall boot option Lion tone and restore from your store account application if you pay money for there. Hope this helps

Well, some uncomfortable things happening around here. Restart in Safe Mode menu bar showed up. Restart again in normal mode, the menu bar was still there.

After another reboot, menu bar was gone again. By switching to the guest account all I get is a gray screen and mouse pointer, recoil force required. The terminal cannot kill the SystemUIServer process, and file systemuiserver.plist not subsist in my Mac Book. weird and wonderful, is not it: / Trashed Dropbox.app, still nothing.

This may indicate that third extension is to interfere with the implementation, or you're shooting-party software.

Open your > SysPreferences> Users and Groups> Login items and added to remove any third party that may be interfering. Need to open the padlock sign - to completely remove the form from the list. Lacks of this is considered a backup and reinstall the OS X Lion if troubles persist.

Quote Originally Posted by GALIENA View Post
    This may indicate that third extension is to interfere with the implementation, or you're shooting-party software.

Open your > SysPreferences> Users and Groups> Login items and added to remove any third party that may be interfering. Need to open the padlock sign - to completely remove the form from the list. Lacks of this is considered a backup and reinstall the OS X Lion if troubles persist.
    I did, and I can. Really strange. Reinstalling now. I wish I was down to Leopard as possible without losing data, it has no backup.

Workaround is not shutting down the Mac. Otherwise you must reinstall to get Lion menu bar icon again. Hopefully someone can advise a solution soon. I’m using the Mac book for work.

You can endeavor to boot into safe mode by pressing the shift key.

The past 4 days since I last encountered the problem. What I did was boot into safe mode. Networks dirt free and remove unnecessary elements of the locations. get rid of some cache / logs with onyx. Fingers crossed X

I was having the exact same problem with the status bar / track bar missing. I did an update to Snow Leopard and this was the first thing I realized was missing. I found a solution that worked for me.

In Finder, go to View -> Show View Options. Changed to sort and organize any type and then back to Name. Suddenly the status bar and address bar appears.