Thread: Latest ideas for Xubuntu 12.04

Latest ideas for Xubuntu 12.04

Canonical and the developers should quickly modify the topic for the following Xubuntu release. Since as XFCE is so comparable to GNOME 2.x, I could suggest basing Xubuntu 12.04 off the "excellent" Ubuntu we see in 11.04 while in "Ubuntu Classic" and releases prior. If you have any suggestions or new ideas about it then please post it here.

Re: Latest ideas for Xubuntu 12.04

As we all know, a considerable number of people try not to would like to update to Unity, and spot it absolutely surrey. XFCE on Xubuntu offers the stability and feel of GNOME 2.x and the "examplary" Ubuntu, which most individuals who know Ubuntu know greatest. Moreover, Xubuntu is presently, well! There are just fundamental utilities and subjects, and there is about no backing by the cooperative whatsoever. Xubuntu 12.04 needs to be the rebirth of the Xubuntu OS, carrying the quality features and looks we all know, while carrying the value of Ubuntu to an additional playground.

That may join some stuff. Xfce is expected to be lightweight, not loaded down with devices. Probably the-goodies bundle could join some gadgetry back. I'm not keeping my breath holding for Unity to go distant; I think I'd turn particularly blue to be sure.

I switched to xubuntu myself as I don't prefer unity or shell. I introduced ubuntu light topics, feanza symbols, my leaned toward applications and customized a few alternate things (ubuntu font was at present commissioned) so now it looks much similar to my old pre-unity ubuntu, but its a lot faster.

Utilizing "old" gnome parts as a substitute for xfce parts could doubtlessly make xubuntu a part less lightweight and it wouldn't be Xubuntu (but some little gnome -xfce-ubuntu GXubuntu).

I declare let the xubuntu crew keep on to do their astounding work in furnishing a high-quality implementation of the xfce DE. With the ideas for xfce 4.10 now released. I'm eagerly holding up to see these updates and how the xubuntu group will combine this into the new versions.

Xubuntu (xfce) offers the ideal intermingle of a graphical environment that tries not to get in the method but still permits you to be useful. When its all said and done, it bubbles down to inclination and decision. One individual's "crappy" is an additional individual's “perfectly functional ". Be careful making clearing explanations for example this-you could spot that not every living soul concurs with your opinion.

Having switched to Xfce for my entire PCs recovery one (a 11.04 prototypal remains taking care of business), I could probably express I like it absolutely well. Not precisely Gnome 2, but that is OK. In addition, I discover Xubuntu to be the most attractive of every last trace of the-buntus at this very moment.

I adore Xubuntu! I continue attempting brand new versions of Ubuntu when they return out and set up to X. It will run every last trace of the systems Ubuntu will just faster. In addition I like the blue and grey look.

I am QUITE happy to have Xubuntu on my test platform for an change. 2 standards install and 2 netboot introduces. I think the netboot installs are probably a spot preferable as they are more similar to the Xfce4.8 release than the standard Xubuntu introduce but have not made up my brain comprehensively. Both have their focuses. With Xfce wherever since 3, something Xfce4 absolutely 4.8 is a magnificent DE.