Thread: Lubuntu 12.04 will not be Long Term Support as Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

Lubuntu 12.04 will not be Long Term Support as Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

To begin with of all, please make a special effort to be advised that Lubuntu 12.04 should not be Long Term Support (LTS) release. Ubuntu 12.04 should be LTS however. Extended story short: What do you anticipate from Lubuntu 12.04? What applications you have a desire to see in Lubuntu 12.04? What do you suppose will upgrade Lubuntu 12.04 and make it superior to whatever possible release?

Re: Lubuntu 12.04 will not be Long Term Support as Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

It works and is 'slim'. About what xubuntu utilized to be, the lightweight, simple and quick ubuntu OS (I'm not expression xubuntu isn't snappy, simply that lubuntu has taken its put as fastest ubuntu form IMHO). Fundamentally I idea on utilizing it for more older PCs, and what for the most part matters is browser+internet works. For folks with more senior laptops that are going to toss out (commonly unpaid to truly abate hdd), put liveusb on $10 usb stay, and they have fast+secure OS +web browser.

I for the most part utilize it for web browser. Verify every little item that includes network searching works. Incapacitate screensaver it by default. I think it pursues love 5 moments. One of the first things I do with any OS, and just tell monitor/screen to stop following 10-15 moments to recovery control. Screensavers are so 1990s.

Verify to keep the livecd/liveusb startup choices #1 as "attempt lubuntu". DO NOT CHANGE TO UBUNTU DEFAULT THAT LOADS "OS" AND THEN ASKS WHETHER TO TRY OR INSTALL, then stacks OS again. This makes it pure simple to put on liveusb and connect to laptop and have users utilize it and have it stack OS without needing to select attempt or install. I have it set to open net browser, so all user needs to do is turn on computer and in 2 moments their network browser and online world is up and running without needing to do anything (from liveusb).

One explanation why I haven’t installed lubuntu on my 10.10 net beat is on the grounds that I'm not confident how simple it underpins record imparting over system. I have it networked with my essential desktop to move/share records between machines. Additionally filled in as a print server, but that is not presently working. Not beyond any doubt how well it will go with printer (but I'm certain it will). Because 10.10 utilize firefox 3.6, it was simply more straightforward to introduce chrome 14 from archive than hassle of reinstalling OS and verifying networking index offering and printer worked.

Most exceptionally significant thing: don’t make it any more gigantic than it even now is. Its composed for older machines and in the event that it gets any more gigantic it won’t work.

The present default requisitions are altogether great. Anyway, I'd totally like seeing an custom Chromium theme to mix nicer with the rest of the LXDE desktop. It tries not to look native in 11.10.

The present desktop design and subject looks too discouraging and plain. LXDE might be made to look altogether great, so I'd really center on re-trying the fine art and giving Lubuntu a more unique and up to date feel. Simply on account of its a lightweight DE doesn't would not joke about this cannot look and feel excellent. Nothing I would be able to consider. Just keep it negligible prefer it as of now is.

On the whole, LXDE is a pledging desktop. Lubuntu is an all in all exceptional distro on the whole, but for me its still not actually available. It fails to possess much a sort of shine and usefulness contrasted with alternate DE's. There are likewise some UI issues, for example LXDE not automatically expanding the icon size to fit the panel height. That would be more upstream, but it does do harm to Lubuntu for the most part.

Lubuntu is great. I could express just keep it basic. The symbols might utilize a makeover, and probably a few more LXDE/Lubuntu subject wallpapers. I like that admitting that it is a lightweight desktop, I am able to still join whatever programming I like from Synaptic Package Manager, for example LibreOffice.

I begin to dislike Gnome3 and Unity, following utilizing it seeing that Ubuntu Natty-beta then Oneiric-alpha onwards. Freshly I wandered into Xubuntu and Lubuntu, I like the "power and speed". fyi: I have diverse graphics hardware running nvidia-current, fglrx and radeon.